ACH NACHA Test file

Hi!

My bank is asking for a test file for ACH NACHA file that will be exported from our system. Is this something you can provide?

Thanks,
Kelly

Hi, Kelly,

Thanks for contacting us about this. I think the closest thing that we have that is already built in is on the check register screen. You may already know this, but you’d go to Accounting>A/P>Check Register, choose the payments you want included, click the Print checkbox, and then hit the ACH Export CSV button.

However, it doesn’t look like we currently have a way to specifically generate an ACH NACHA file. If you need that functionality, we could do it, but it would most likely take some (billable) development hours.

Hope that at least gives you a next step,
Cetec ERP Support

Kelly,

Actually, I’m hearing that we might have a way to generate that file. Let me get more info for you and I’ll circle back soon!

Cetec ERP Support

Kelly,

Alright, I was able to locate some detailed instructions for you! Let us know if you need any further help after trying these.

Instructions out for NACHA setup and testing.

Set Up

1. Enable / Configure NACHA
  • config setting is ‘enable_nacha’
  • This creates a payment type called ‘nacha ach’
  1. Open Check Register and click the ‘NACHA Export’ button (just to process the new config setting)

2. Go back to config settings, search ‘nacha’ and fill in these config settings:

image.png

1. Set up Vendor record w/ three required fields - Bank Name, Bank Account #, and Bank Routing #

image.png

Test/Use

1. Run Voucher list

2. Select vouchers for the Vendor setup with the banking info

3. Create a payment for the voucher(s), and select payment type ‘nacha ach’

4. Verify the new AP Payments and linked vouchers

5. Go to Check Register, set Payment Type filter to ‘nacha ach’ and Status to ‘All’. Then click Submit

6. In the ‘Print’ column, select vouchers to include and the click ‘NACHA Export’

7. The file will be generated under your ‘My Documents’ under the sandwich menu in the top right of the Cetec screen

8. File Naming - the file you use to test needs to be prefixed with ‘TEST-’. So it will look like ‘TEST-NACHA-yyyy-mm-ddspecialcodetext’. You will need to manually adjust the TEST file name for NACHA testing after you download.

9. Login to your bank and find the test upload for NACHA

10. Take good note of any errors, to review your config settings, your Vendor data, etc. If the test passes, you are good to proceed with a real NACHA ACH payment.

In case the photos weren’t showing up on that last message, here’s another try. Seems like it was linked to gmail and not as shareable as I thought.

Instructions for NACHA setup and testing.

Set Up

1. Enable / Configure NACHA
  • config setting is ‘enable_nacha’

• This creates a payment type called ‘nacha ach’

1. Open Check Register and click the ‘NACHA Export’ button (just to process the new config setting)

2. Go back to config settings, search ‘nacha’ and fill in these config settings:

1. Set up Vendor record w/ three required fields - Bank Name, Bank Account #, and Bank Routing #submit-ticket

Test/Use

1. Run Voucher list

2. Select vouchers for the Vendor setup with the banking info

3. Create a payment for the voucher(s), and select payment type ‘nacha ach’

4. Verify the new AP Payments and linked vouchers

5. Go to Check Register, set Payment Type filter to ‘nacha ach’ and Status to ‘All’. Then click Submit

6. In the ‘Print’ column, select vouchers to include and the click ‘NACHA Export’

7. The file will be generated under your ‘My Documents’ under the sandwich menu in the top right of the Cetec screen

8. File Naming - the file you use to test needs to be prefixed with ‘TEST-’. So it will look like ‘TEST-NACHA-yyyy-mm-ddspecialcodetext’. You will need to manually adjust the TEST file name for NACHA testing after you download.

9. Login to your bank and find the test upload for NACHA

10. Take good note of any errors, to review your config settings, your Vendor data, etc. If the test passes, you are good to proceed with a real NACHA ACH payment.

Thank you guys!

Hi guys,

I have done everything you stated above and created a payment to myself for a test. The file is in the documents, but when I try to download it, it comes across as failed - No file. Please advise. Thanks!

Kelly,

Bummer! I’m sorry that is not working for you. I’m getting this over to our engineering team now, and we’ll get back with you once we have some resolution to this.

Thanks,
Cetec ERP Support

Kelly,

Engineering says we expect to have a fix for you early next week. We appreciate your patience as we work this out!

Cetec ERP Support