Part Request & Relieving Inventory

We entered 4 part requests entered last week with a reason type (Vendor Defective Part) that is set up as Inv Change Type Id = 3 (which is supposed to adjust inventory immediately). Even though the part requests are complete and closed, it does not seem that inventory has been updated. We picked a total of 10 pieces for the same order and the part record does not show inventory relieved by that amount. In addition, the Component Data for the order does not indicate that there were an additional 10 pieces picked over the qty required. We even checked back today to see if it would reflect updated after the order was invoiced and it doesn’t.

Also, we were wondering why these wouldn’t reflect on the Part view screen (similar to how they are listed with the link to the line picked) showing the inventory adjustment with the order picked or related Part Request link prior to the order being invoiced? In addition, if you go to the History screen for the part, these part requests are not reflected either for the order that has shipped/been invoiced.

Hi Robin,

Thanks for jumping into the forum! Let me take a look at this for you. Thank you for all the information as well, I’m seeing your data maintenance setup and part requests for that particular ID.

I’m going to test in my dummy environment and get back to you as soon as I can.

We are also seeing some other things in Part Requests that we can’t figure out.

If we use Pick Miscounted - the Adjustment Type that is pulling up on the records says “Used scrap metal”. Looking at Data Maintenance and Config Settings:

• PartRequestReason - Has our list of reasons (no where does it say “Used scrap metal”). This references Inv Change Type Id and has the values 1, 2, or 3 which used to have a tool tip that explained what each number meant and it doesn’t say that anymore. Used to be that Inv Change Type Id = 3 (which the system note used to say is “Adjust Inv. Immediately”)
  • InvShortageReason - Has more details but doesn’t match up with the numbers we have on the other list and again “Used scrap metal” not showing up either.

Also, we started seeing an “Unapprove Request” status choice (which happens to show up at the top of the list). When I tried to select this status and update nothing changed. We are set to Auto Approve in our Config Settings so I’m not sure if that’s why. Is there a way for us to reorder the list so it’s not the default option that is being displayed?

We are experiencing same issue. Product picked via Part request is not showing up in the Part Record. An example: In request no 249, we have picked item# 105-185-2PS-4A from 2 bins. If you go to part record, Its doesn’t show any product picked from bin 6-5-8 or 3-3-3.
Kindly fix this issue.
Asad