Ability to load Part and/or Tech Description on Quote for new part

Is there any way to be able to load a part or tech description from the quote for a new part record? I see a config setting that says update_tech_description_bom_wksht but when I turned it on I didn’t see any new functionality available.

Hi, Robin,

Thanks for checking in. On a new part record, when you click Edit on the lefthand side of the screen, there is a field for adding a tech description:

There is also the option to upload a document to the part record by clicking Documents on the lefthand side of the screen and then clicking Browse or Add Link. Or, if you are in the quote, you can upload a document there. And then, once it’s uploaded, click the Globalize button to make it available across Cetec (including within the part record).

Does that get you where you need to go? If not, just let us know and we can go from there.

Thanks,
Cetec ERP Support

Not quite. I need to be able to have access to Tech Description or Part Description from within the quote when I’m loading a new part number. I don’t want to add parts that we may not use if we don’t get the quote, but I need to add information that stays with the part record if we do win the quote and the record is added when we commit the order.

Hi, Robin,

Would you be able to send me the link to that screen you’re viewing?

Thanks,
Cetec ERP Support

…/bomquote/8325/view then click the pencil icon next to the first component to expand the fields below.

Thank you! Let me look into it.

Okay, Robin,

Unfortunately, until a new part is officially entered into the system, there’s not a way to connect a part description to it. One workaround would be to attach a document to that Quote that contains the part description, and then, if the quote gets committed to order, to connect the part description and the new part record at that time.

Sorry this isn’t as straightforward as you were hoping. Let us know if you need further assistance on this and we’ll go from there!

Cetec ERP Support

Can you tag this as a future feature request? If we can add one of the existing fields on the Quote to the part record or add Tech/Part Description to the quote screen.

Absolutely, Robin. I’ll put that request in now. Thanks for helping us continually improve!

Cetec ERP Support

1 Like