Can't Close this Work Order

We’re getting this error when attempting to “Complete/Receive” Order but not sure why…

It was created as a re-work order from RMA# 53…

(/order/QR1867.1/invoice)

Hi Regis!

It looks like the internal PO was not created for the rework order. This usually happens when the ‘create work order’ and close the window before the work order is completely created in the system.

Unfortunately, you’ll have to delete this rework order/RMA and the fix here is to create another rework order/RMA for this order.

I’m going to send this to engineering for a permanent fix moving forward.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

@regisphilbin - FYI. I think we got to the bottom of this.

We think that likely what happened here… You had an rma with an internal customer… but neglected to check the Rework to Stock checkbox.

So, there was no “build to stock” work order created, it was just a normal work order. You probably ended up with no actual finished part number built to stock.

To prevent this from happening in the future, we’re going to include some new javascript to check for internal customer on RMAs, and if that’s defined, force the rework to stock checkbox to be selected.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation. I think this solves it. Good to know for the future…

Personally, I don’t necessarily think you need to go so far as to include an internal check, forcing the checkbox…I think maybe a mouse-over tip over the fields and/or on-screen instructions might be enough…