Here’s a possible way to handle this. Try it out and let us know if this will meet the need. If not, we can try something else!
- Navigate to the Crosses page on Cetec as usual (Parts>Views/Lists>List and then enter the part you’re looking for).
- Enter a Cross Prcpart and choose a Cross Type, but don’t fill in the Association field.
- Open a new sales quote as usual (Sales>Quotes>New Quote).
- However, BEFORE clicking on the pencil icon and specifying a customer at the top of the screen, FIRST enter the part the customer is buying into the PRC field at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Add.
- Click the small pencil icon that just showed up where the Add button used to be.
- You’ll see that the Cust Part field has defaulted to the cross part reference you created.
- Now you can go back up to the top of the quote and fill in the customer information.
Basically what this is doing is creating a default cross part reference. And then, when creating a new sales quote, as long as you add the part before you add the customer’s information, that default cross part reference should appear.
Then, like you said, if a large enough customer who purchases your part wants you to ship with their specific “Customer Part #”, then you can just change the Cust Part field (see step 7 above) and click the orange OK button at the bottom left to confirm the change.
I really hope that helps! Again, if this doesn’t resolve the issue, please reach out again.
Thanks for your business,
Cetec ERP Support