Duplicate Payment

I’ve been entering credit card charges/payments all day and have had no problems. I just entered a payment and when I went to reconcile it showed up in the reconcile twice. It had the same payment number and amount. An exact duplicate. I tried deleting it and starting over. I went back to the reconcile and the old and new payment are showing even though I cleared the first one. How do I delete payment 5125. Here is how it’s showing up in the reconcile
https://wadsworthdesign.cetecerp.com/bankreconcile/198/edit

and here is what the payment looks like
https://wadsworthdesign.cetecerp.com/appayment/5125/edit

Hello Kali,
I am looking into this for you. Will get right back on this.
Best,
CETEC Support

Kali, if you go to A/P payment 5125, click ‘Mark as Paid’ …this should update the amounts to -0- and you should be able to clear that -0- entry on the reconcile. If doing so does not achieve this result, reply again to this thread as I would need to see if there is another issue going on.
Best,
CETEC Support

I have tried that a couple times. It does not fix the problem. I just clicked it so you could see that it’s still in the reconcile.

I should also note that I have tried closing/deleting it a couple times as well and that didn’t fix the problem either.

Okay, going to dig into this further…brb!

Kali,
Have you had any other duplications of A/P pmt made with credit card, or just this one?

CETEC Support

So far just this one.

Kali…I was comparing A/P pmt 5125 against A/P pmt 5127, which is marked cleared, and of course they are both showing the same amount on the reconciliation page. However, pmt 5125 shows “system check” in payment type field and G/L account of 111001 Cash, which is a bank account. Pmt 5127 shows
“credit card” in payment type field and G/L account of 212005 Credit Card; Pmt 5127 I am assuming is correct. Let’s try changing the payment type field and g/l account on Pmt 5127 to the same as Pmt 5127, click “Update” and again “Mark as Paid”…perhaps this is what is keeping Pmt 5125 from updating to “0” amounts in the reconcile account listing…let me know outcome please…

Best,
CETEC Support

sorry…the change is to be made to Pmt 5125 to same payment type field and g/l account as Pmt 5127…

I moved it from a credit card to check to see if that would clear it off the reconcile (which obviously didn’t work). I just moved it back to credit card and it didn’t change anything either.

So to clarify steps, you changed both payment type and g/l account fields to “credit card” & “212005 Credit Card”, clicked “update” and “mark as paid”, and still showing on reconcile list?

Correct

Okay, I’m going to check a bit further up the chain in support to see if this requires some other fix.
I know end-of-month is nigh, so will try to get this resolved asap. Thanks for patience.

Best,
CETEC Support

I appreciate it. Thank you.

Kali,

I am setting up a ticket for engineering to look at/clear the duplicate payment.
I’ll be watching the ticket to keep track.

Best,
CETEC Support

Kali,
You should be good to go on the reconcile CC account…pmt 5125 no longer appears in the list of transactions to be cleared.
Let us know if you have any additional questions or issues.

Best,
CETEC Support