Internal Cetec System Error - 2 parts will not let me pick/relieve/delete

Hello we have two components stuck in Cetec that will not let me delete them, pick in an order, zero in cycle count, or any other way that I can think of removing them. 1 is stuck giving the error that it is already picked to an order (which it is not), and the other is stuck in a warehouse transfer that will not let me unpick it from.

Cetec Support can you please help to delete these two parts so they are out of our system?
prcpart: FD_0110010-01 and Lot code: LN221888 and LN225507.

Hi @kristina

So for the first bin, with lot code LN221888, it looks like the reason you’re having an issue is because the bin cost currently:
Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 8.50.54 AM

does not match the cost at which that part was received:
Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 8.50.45 AM
If you correct the bin cost on the part record, then you should be able to go in and uninvoice (since this was built to stock) to remove that item from inventory.

For the other Bin, lot code LN225507, if you click in to order number 1188.1 Line 1 that shows the pick:
Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 8.57.15 AM
On the left side of the workorder screen go to “Dekit” to remove that inventory from the order.
After you’ve dekitted that part, back on the part record you should be able to adjust the bin qty to 0 to remove that item from inventory.

Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions about it!