Internal Server Error

We have received an “500-Internal Server Error” message when trying to import files as new orders this morning.

Please advise how to correct this.

@Carol

Can you send a link to the screen you are seeing this? Or tell me how to navigate to it? Then I can send this over to engineering to be fixed.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

To navigate to it, go to new quote/quoting tools/import - and try and import a csv file. Here is a link to one i just tried
https://advantageline.cetecerp.com/quote/10326/import

We are at the start of another working day here (due to time difference) so I would appreciate if this could be resolved ASAP this morning.
Thank you.

@Carol

Are you still having this issue? Is it possible for you to send the file you are using? Engineering isn’t having the same issues when trying to reproduce.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Yes we are still having this issue. It’s not any one particular file, it’s with any csv or excel file that we try to upload so there’s not much point sending the file, we have tried many different ones. It’s not just me that’s having the issue. Please can someone stay on line long enough to resolve this for us this morning - due to time difference we are about to start another working day here
Thanks so much

It also happens if we try to import a file into a new “PQUOTE”

@Carol

Engineering got back to me and there were able able to import a file into your live environment and have verified that it worked. If you could please send one of the documents by direct messaging me or attaching it to one of your users and telling us the name and which user it’s attached too. Without being able to reproduce the issue engineering can’t do anything else unfortunately.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

How do I direct message you? I have tried again to import a csv file on Quote 10345 (my user name).
If you can please tell me how I can speak or be on line with someone during our working hours so that we can resolve this. Thank you

In addition, we have tried various browsers and our external IT consultant has also tried with no success

@Carol

You can direct message me by going to my user profile and clicking ‘message’. If you can, please send me one of the files that you’re trying to import so that I can have more information on what’s happening.

Thank you,
Cetec ERP Support.

I have direct messaged you.
Please can it be arranged that you, or someone else is on line during our working hours to be able to resolve this
Thank you.

@Carol

I was looking at the file that you sent me and I’m unsure of the what the different columns are. Whether the first column is supposed to be ‘ID’ or ‘PRC’. And if the second column is ‘Description’.

Let me know about this so that I can test it properly.

Thank you,
Cetec ERP Support.

@Carol

As an add on, if the first column is intended to be ‘prcpart’, the second line ‘description’ and the third ‘qty’, I’m able to do the import without any issues.

Sorry to repeat, but if this is different then what you’re doing, please let me know.

Thank you,
Cetec ERP Support.

This is right - but we can’t even get that far. As soon as we select a file to upload - and we have tried many different files, we get the error message. We can’t get as far as assigned the ‘prcpart’, ‘description’ columns.
We have tried different browsers, I have tried from my home computer, our off-site IT consultant has tried from his computer with a different browser again.

As I’ve asked before, please can we arrange a time for you to be on line at the same time as us so that we can get this resolved . Please advise a time.
Thank you

@Carol

I’ll be online from 9:00 am CST to 5:00 pm CST. Anytime between those hours on any work day, you’ll be able to reach me.

Is there a time outside of those times that we would have to arrange to make that work?

I’m sorry on the inconvenience on this,

Thank you,
Cetec ERP Support.

@Carol

We were able to reproduce the issue. It turns out the problem is that the CSV file type won’t work with the importing tool right now. For now, I would use an xls (xlsx).

I sent this over to our engineers so that they can make the CVS compatible with the importing tool.

I will update you when they come out with that.

Thank you,
Cetec ERP Support.

Glad you have been able to reproduce the issue. We have used this same type of CSV file since we first started using Cetec almost 3 years ago so it seems odd that now it’s not compatible, however if you can let me know when your engineers have fixed it that would be great.
Thanks