Inventory Activity vs Ledger - $20k Discrepancy

As part of my month end close for March I ran the Audit Report “Inventory Activity vs Ledger”

Starting on March 23rd there are discrepancies and I am not sure how to understand what is going wrong and what steps need to be taken.

I did dig into the discrepancies and don’t see any GL Transactions from Journal Entries.

For the month of March there is a $20,117.73 discrepancy.

Looking for guidance, Tom

Hey @TomB,
We will take a look and see if we can identify where that discrepancy is coning from for you. It’ll take a bot for us to dig in to it, but we’ll update you as soon as we can.
Thanks!

@TomB, it turns out this is a little messier than we originally thought.

The crux of the issue is that you have build to stock orders, like “[cetec url]/invoice/448/view”, that are costing materials/labor/overhead into the finished goods. But for some reason when the order is completed/received the corresponding internal PO receipt “[cetec url]/purchaseorderreceipt/2342/view” is costing it at $0.00.

We tried to reproduce this to see what was causing the cost on the PO to be $0, but didn’t have the same problem. In order to figure out what’s causing the delta from your initial question we would need to know:

1. if it’s still happening (i.e. on recent work orders from today, yesterday)
  2. if it is, we need to know your process for these orders so we can try to figure out where it’s getting off course.

For the existing invoices/receipts that are causing the delta in your original post, the way to fix those would be to make inventory adjustments to the finished goods.

If you’re unable to track down all the offending transactions, or determine the root issue, we do offer some consulting services where we’d be able to go through your data with you, and try to drill down to the root cause and figure out the best way forward with you. Consulting is billed at $250/hr. If you feel like that’s the way you’d like to handle this, send an email to sales@cetecerp.com and reference this forum topic, and we can get that set up for you.