Model production floor

In the example video “how to model your production floor” the example is a location with three assemblers and the need is to be able to work on three orders at the same time. The video recommends 480 minutes and select parallel work. Is schedule mode, parallel, required? Are parallel segments required? It doesn’t mention these fields.

Hello,

These are not required to put your orders in those locations, but it helps if you are using capacity planning to select parallel work so you know how many orders you can place at that location at a time when scheduling. Let me know if I can clarify for you, or if you would like to discuss a more specific example, and the best practice.

Thanks!

Cetec ERP Support

Yes please clarify. the video does not mention selecting parallel work mode. I would also like to discuss a smore specific example.

Please check out this slide show, if you go to slide 34, it will show you how to set up parallel work. After reviewing this please let me know if you need more clarification or a specific example I can work you through.

Thanks!

Cetec ERP Support

Again, this example doesn’t mention “schedule mode” nor “num parallel segments”.

So 'num parallel segments" you could 3, then put the capacity mins per day at 1440 (example being you can do 3 jobs in an eight hour day).

Scheduling mode ‘parallel’ is what is sounds like you want.

Yes i think so, parallel is probably good for our production floor. Thank you for your time.

Hello,

I went in and double-checked this, and you can leave the mins at 480 and put the num of parallel segments to 3 and it will do the math for you, sorry about that, and we will be making some support documentation to go along with these boxes.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.