Part Request - Can't close WO if replacement parts are serialized?

We’ve not found a way to close out a work order if we have a part request for a “serialized part” as a replacement…

It requires us to de-kit and re-kit in order to do this, and then it doesn’t capture (in the work order traceability) the failed part…

when closing a Work order, would it be possible to handle failed “serialized” parts similarly to failed “non-serialized” parts?

@regisphilbin We can definitely look in to this for you. Do you have an example of a workorder that’s currently in this situation, or could you set one up in you beta environment for us to test with?

Thanks!

Revisiting as i have an example now…

This is a part request for a serialized component. (…/otd/partrequest/146/edit). In the request, there is no way to “pick” a replacement serialized part as it only asks operator to enter “qty picked”. We can’t do this as we need to pick a “serialized part” from inventory…

In order to do this properly, I believe, the user needs to be able to pick a serialized component to document it properly. how can we pick the correct serialized requested part?

In this case, we’d like to replace Part SN# SUB000001-3905 with this one in inventory, SUB000001-3638, but we’re unable to select this specific Serialized part…

any guidance here? I’d like to close out our Part requests that are currently pending…i updated the previous post with additional information for clarity. Let me know if you have questions here…

Let me know if there is any more info you need. I’d like to close out these Parts requests so I can close out
the production work orders and use these parts in assemblies…

@regisphilbin Thank you for the additional information, and sorry for the slow reply.
Let us talk to our engineering team and see what makes the most sense here as a way forward, and we’ll get back to you about it as soon as we can.

Great. Thanks.

Pinging Support . Hoping for Guidance to see how to associate and close out Serialized Part Requests.