PQuotes Do Not Convert to PO with Proper WH Location

When I convert a PQuote to a PO. The lines always are placed with the Main WH Location as their place of receiving when they need to go to our secondary location.

Furthermore, there is no way to bulk update the PO lines and it is laborious to manually change every line for a PO with many lines to it.

Can you please fix this conversion error or add to the “Change All Lines” function the ability to bulk update receive location?

Also. When I go to receive a line that is set to receive to my secondary warehouse, the receive screen auto defaults to receive to the main location. When the team at the secondary warehouse receives the PO, it is being received to our main WH location inventory.

It seems that there is a lot of incomplete continuity in the backend code. Can you please look at what is going on here.

Note that Header Location is SS
Note that Line Locations are MN

@spencer

Are you still having this issue? I tested this and the warehouse locations were the same for the line and the header. Does this happen every time or just sometimes?

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Yes I am still having this issue. It happens every time

@spencer

I am unable to replicate this issue. Can you tell me the process you go through for this? And give me a example order that this has happened on?

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

I enter in the quote lines

I change the location

I convert the quote

The lines all convert to the original location

@spencer

It looks like the problem is that you are changing the location after you add the lines. Because you added the lines when the location was different it is going to default to that location. It won’t automatically change to the new location when you change it.

All you need to do it change the location first and the lines will be correct.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Can you please explain to me how this is supposedly a functional feature? I see now use in having a PQuote interface that I can’t change the

Here is my problem. I have 2 warehouse, a common scenario. I am requesting quotes from multiple vendors in proximity to both of my warehouses to find the best quality and most cost effective option. If I start with location of WH1 and end up going with a vendor that I will need to ship this to WH2, I cannot do that. I can’t even clone the quote and change the location.

You don’t even give me the “Change All Lines” function for anything but the Dock Date. In order to actually change the location of a Quote item, I am required (by your logic) to click on the “pencil edit” button (which takes at least 20 seconds to load) and then click “more options” in order to even access the “location” for that quote line. After which, I am supposed to click the update button and wait for the page to refresh, which takes an additional 30 seconds. On average it takes me about 1 minute per line on a pquote to edit. A quote with 60 lines (not uncommon) will take me an hour to update. Simply because you refuse to recognize where your platform can make improvements.

Your purchasing platform leaves a lot to be longed for and it is very frustrating for me as an operator who has invested a large amount of resources into developing my business on your platform to encounter such unwillingness to recognize when your product has a flaw.

In today’s day and age of supply chain disruptions, the ability to be agile and pivot my purchasing scenarios is absolutely vital. Being able to easily adjust the ship-to location of my POs is an absolutely basic function that I feel you have neglected and would seriously hope that you reconsider your approach to this problem.

@spencer

So I didn’t realize that you had default PQuote locations set for your parts. It is defaulting to that location on your PQuotes so it would be best to not leave a default location for parts you are going to order if you don’t want to have to manually change the locations. If the part doesn’t have a default location it will default to the header location. Screenshot below.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Hi Cetec,

I do not have default part locations set. You have not read my provided example above.

I have set the Warehouse Location on a PQuote to MN.
I have submited RFQ to 2 different vendors; the first near Warehouse MN, the second near Warehouse SS.
I have found that the vendor near warehouse SS provided a better rate and have decided that I need this purchase order to be fulfilled to my SS location instead of MN.

Here is where my problem arises:
When I change the PQuote header Warehouse Location from MN to SS, the LINES REMAIN ASSIGNED TO WAREHOUSE MN
There is no efficient or effective manner for me to edit or adjust my PQuote line items if I need them to go to my second warehouse.

@cetecerp8