Receiving Bug - P.O. # 10241.1

My inventory receiving experienced an issue when receiving parts today. P.O. # 10241.1 in our system:

The P.O. has only 25 line items; our inventory team tried to receive all and were applying packing slip #'s, date/lot codes, etc. before clicking “Receive” so they could handle all 25 lines at once. Upon doing that, Cetec got stuck at that point and the lines were not received even after waiting for 10+ minutes. Upon refreshing, none of the lines were received so the inventory team had to work around this by receiving the P.O. (all lines), dropping lines and receiving 5-10 at a time, and are still doing that now.

Why are we unable to receive 25 line items at once? I do not think this is system heavy whatsoever so I would like to understand what we can do to resolve this issue. There are P.O.'s that we will be placing that will have over 100 line items so it would be highly inefficient to have them do this work around by dropping the line items and receiving partially.

Please let me know - thank you

Hey @tej

You’re right - the system should not have difficulty receiving 25 lines at once. I’m going to look into this issue for you. I’ll report back.

• Cetec ERP Support

@tej

I went into a test environment as well as your live, and I’m only seeing one line unreceived from that PO. Have the rest of those lines already been received at this point?

• Cetec ERP Support

Hello @cetecerp19 -

That sounds correct. The other lines were received, think they are waiting on that last line to either come in or inventory team did not complete the receiving yet of whats already come in.

Thanks, please let me know

@tej

Thank you for letting me know. Since this order has already been received, I’m unable to replicate this and escalate to engineering. If this issue happens again, go ahead and post on the forum, and I will escalate to engineering immediately so that you don’t have to deal with the frustration that this caused you. I’m sorry for your experience in this situation. This is not a typical experience for receiving multiple lines. We want to ensure this does not happen again.

• Cetec ERP Support

Hello @cetecerp19,

Sharing an example of 17 line items that were received just now. In this situation our inventory team tried to receive 17 line items. Once they clicked “Receive”, the grey rows appeared between each line item but nothing was Received and there was a spinning wheel next to Receive. Once they clicked again the line item successfully received. Trying to see if we have any large P.O.'s coming in to replicate the glitch but perhaps this will be insightful:

@tej

Thank you for sharing this! I saw that you upgraded to Standard support - that’s awesome. Feel free to share a future example here when it happens and I’ll be sure to make a ticket promptly for you.

• Cetec ERP Support
1 Like