RMA 115 (Rework order unlinked?)

We’ve recently processed RMA#115 but it seems like something happened during the 4.0 rollout to where the Rework order was detached from the RMA…

(…/rma/115/edit) - If you look at the RMA, it doesn’t seem as if a Rework order was created for it yet…

I know it was ( last week) as we completed the rework order 5144.1 that was associated with it… Note that the RMA 115 is listed on the left column of links…
(…/order/AE5144.1/view)

Just confirming that I’m not going crazy…

BTW, Thumbs up on the new interface!

Regis,

You are not going crazy! I see what you are seeing. Let me check into this and see what I can find. Thanks for the kudos on the new interface! I’ll pass that on to engineering.

Cetec ERP Support

Regis,

I’ve sent this over to engineering to see what might resolve this issue. Thanks for always being so clear in your messages; it helps us a lot.

Thanks for your patience, and enjoy your day,
Cetec ERP Support

So a bit more info re: the RMA workflow…I’ve partially touched up on it in this thread…

Issues with RMA Processes for Receiving PO’s and Rework Orders

In previous revisions of this software, I thought that once an RMA is closed, the record of “Recieving PO” and Rework PO are capture on the RMA page. It seems like the “Rework PO” link is now missing on closed/old RMA’s …
for example, this RMA (/rma/57/edit) Is closed and there was a Rework WO associated with it…(…/invoice/2332/view) It was completed…and the link should normally shows up on the RMA but now it’s gone…

Here’s an example of a RMA created with 3.xx with the links …(/rma/100/edit)

Now when rework orders are closed, they disappear and replaced with an option to create another Rework order…