Scheduling issues

We are trying to figure out why our Gantt chart / schedule is not utiilizing our full capacity. If we look at the Mill prototrak location, the capacity per day is 35 hours and the system has scheduled only 8-9 hours of work each day.

The intent is that we have 3 order running in parallel. in the image it would be 144, 149, and 134 that could be worked on all at the same time.

@Eduff

I believe this forum case should answer you question: Production gantt chart - #9 by rcheremeh

The system is designed to operate on a 24 hour day so it’s not going to account for 35 hours.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

My question is… “How can I get those three work orders scheduled at the same time?”.

This is related to Ordlinestatus set up… How should i set up schedule mode, num parallel seqments, capacity minutes per day, allow parallel work. based on all the help documents i’ve read, it should be parallel so we can work on multiple workorders at one time, number of parallel seqments should be three since we have three machines, and the capacity will be 2100 because the machines can run for that amount of time. Allow parallel work would be checked.

Now that i re-re-re-re-read this box for allow parallel work i think we just need to not have that box checked and it will use the setup for schedule mode…

@Eduff

You don’t need to multiply the number of parallels. You set the number of parallels and it will multiply it. For example if it’s a 4 hour day capacity per day you would put 480 so 8 hours instead of 4. Then the number of parallels would be 3 so 3 machines can run at the same time. The 480 changes if you run a second shift or a 10 hour day or something along those lines.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Could you please answer my question… “How can I get those three work orders scheduled at the same time?”. As I pointed out I have it set up with enough capacity and enough segments but you can see it isn’t scheduling them at the same time.

@Eduff

It looks like that location isn’t set to have parallel work. You need to check parallel work on the data maintenance table for ordline: Cetec ERP You also need to set the schedule mode too parallel instead of Per piece. The parallel segments are set up correctly but if it’s not set to be parallel it won’t work correctly.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

that is how i had it set up in the image in the original questions…

@Eduff

I am going to escalate this internally and get back to you.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

@Eduff

It looks like the issue here is that you don’t have number of users set in your capacity: Cetec ERP You have to set capacity and number of users on the weeks you are wanting too have parallel work scheduled. It will allow multiple work orders to be parallel once you have set that up.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

this picture is after batch rescheduling…Some days the Mill Prototrak Center is filled to capacity with 1d 11 hours of work. Other days like in this image it is only 9 hours. I don’t understand. Its also not parallel.

@Eduff

That is odd. Let me look into this more and get back to you.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Hi @Eduff ,

I wanted to jump in on this ticket after doing some testing. With a test case I have set up to have lines scheduled in parallel I used the reschedule forwards button from the workorder schedule tab on both lines. Everything else in my test case was set the same as yours (parallel checkbox enabled with # of segments and then # of users on capacity calendar for scheduled dates).

When you say you batch rescheduled, can I confirm which button/feature you are using in Cetec? Is this the Batch Update Dates button on the Planning Gantt Chart?

Yes, Batch update dates, with all checked

Hi @Eduff ,

The Batch Update Dates button will update the Workstart and Shipdate based on the scheduled dates, but doesn’t function to reschedule forwards or backward. If you click into the orders individually and reschedule forwards/backwards these should schedule the work in parallel. Moving forward these should schedule the work in parallel during the initial scheduling as long as user capacity is set for that day.

Best Regards,
Cetec ERP Support

Please let me know if you have any issues with that.

so i used schedule backwards and i see a Sunday. We have the configuration on 5 so it should only do M-F.

this other one has saturday and sunday.

Hi @Eduff ,

Defaults capacities can and are set, but you can adjust specific days as needed using the capacity calendar. When I open the capacity calendar for 7/29 and 7/30 I can see capacity available for these days which is allowing work to be scheduled.

You can use the new version of the capacity schedule to schedule out a normal week of capacity per location. Here are some steps to do so.

1. Set capacity for each day (Sun - Sat) for one calendar week such as 7/30 thru 8/5. Make sure you are on the new version of the capacity calendar.
  2. Once you have the capacity for your week set up, you can copy/duplicate this week’s capacity to a selected date range. This is done by inputting the date range you wish to duplicate in the From section then entering the date range you want this capacity duplicated to in the To fields. In the below screenshot I am copying the capacity from week 7/30 - 8/5 to 8/6 through the rest of the year.

Ok that worked, thank you. Is there any way to Batch update Dates, All? I know you said go into each individual line and reschedule… but is there anyway to batch update? if the answer is no, then how do i utilize Batch update Dates, all in the gantt chart and also the Reschedule lines in the work order overview screen?

After feeling good about the settings i rescheduled my test orders 152.1-1 through 3. It seems that the capacity is being limited to 9 or 8 hours.

in the following screen shot we have three order scheduled however the segments should be 11.6 hours not the 9 or 8 that is scheduled. capacity at mill prototrak center is 2100 with 3 parallel segments which would allow for 700 min capacity.

Hi @Eduff ,

Thank you for the screenshot. There are some config settings that look to be limiting the hours of operation from 7am to 4pm (9 hours) rather than the capacity of the ordline limiting the line. I’m not sure if you want to adjust one of these settings, but if you open up the work window the additional time should schedule according to the operational hours. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

We keep going back and forth with these settings… for months now i’ve been trying to get this schedule to work correctly… Everything I do doesn’t work and every fix you give me for every problem also doesn’t work. Why can’t we get this to work?