Shipping Issue

We can’t seem to ship this order. The error it now gives is UserId is currently locked out. We did try multiple times to ship it and kept getting errors. I can’t seem to figure out why this is happening now.

Thanks

The first error we get is Error Creating Labels: Error during label creation: A shipping carrier error occurred: Invalid Authentication Information.

Nothing has changed between yesterday and today and we were able to ship yesterday.

Thanks

@Andy

Is this the only user that this problem is happening to or is it happening to all users? If its just the one, which user is it?

Thanks,
Cetec ERP Support

At least 3 users are having this issue, so I assume all.

@Andy

I was able to impersonate you and two other users to test if it’s all users or specific ones, and the ones I tested worked fine. Can you tell me the specific users having the problem?

Thanks,
Cetec ERP Support.

One user is EC Shipping and they were trying to ship order 47037.1

@Andy

For some reason shipengine locked their account so we’re working on trying to get the account unlocked. I’ll update you when we have more information.

Thanks,
Cetec ERP Support.

@Andy

So I heard back from shipengine. You will need to contact you carrier to have your account unlocked. The message we got from Shipengine is that you/your user likely changed the credentials to their account so they would need to update their shipengine account accordingly.

Thanks,
Cetec ERP Support.