Sub assembly acts different than Build set up

Hi,
We are creating a job that includes a sub assembly (33-0071) which has it is own sub assemblies (32-0071 and 17-0071) the default build set up (for 33-0071) is “Skip build” but when committing the quote, it acts like “With top” without including this specific sub-assy in checking the build for sub assemblies.

https://emergentvisiontec.cetecerp.com/quote/3296/order
https://emergentvisiontec.cetecerp.com/part/929/build_process

Hadi,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m taking a look at this for you. I’ll let you know if I have any follow up questions.

Cetec ERP Support

Hadi,

First off, thank you for sending over links to the specific screens you’re looking at. That’s very helpful!

Question for you: Did you set the build default to “skip build” before or after this quote was created? I’m asking because, once that build default is set, if the quote already exists in the system, that setting may or may not apply to it. You could try refreshing the quote screen to see if Cetec applies the “skip build” build default.

However, if this build default has been in place for a while, I’ll need to look at other possible causes.

Thanks for your help,

The Cetec Team

Hi,
The default build was set “skip build” a long time ago.

Thanks.

Okay, I appreciate that info, Hadi. Let me do some more digging here. I’ll keep you posted.

Hadi,

I did some testing and was not able to reproduce the issue that you’re seeing yet. Are you seeing this with other BOMs that have subassemblies? Or only in the specific example that you provided?

Thanks,
The Cetec Team

Hi,
So far I have seen problem only with this sub assembly (33-0071, 2nd link in the original ticket), it still exist if I create another job. Other sub assemblies are asking for build review (highlighted in the attached pic) while committing a quote but this one wont show up.

Thanks

Hi,
I removed the problematic sub assembly from the upper level BOM and added it again and now the issue is resolved.

Thanks

Okay, great! Glad to hear it’s resolved. I had tested again with this part and still had not been able to reproduce the issue you were having, so I’m glad things worked out.

Enjoy your day,

The Cetec Team

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.