Accurate Customer On Time Delivery Value

We are having an issue getting an accurate (for us) Customer On Time Delivery statistic for our ISO Certification from Cetec Ontime Ship Report without having to do manual manipulation. Just wondering if anyone has a better idea. Since we came off the legacy Cetec system, we are using Ship Ahead days based on customer. So for us the Ship Target date is based on the Dock Date minus the customer established Ship Ahead days. Right now, the Ontime Ship Report in Cetec is just looking at the dates you select (we are using Ship Target and either Entry Date or Invoice Date). If the order ships early it is not counted as ontime (even if it ships 1 day early). Because we have some ship ahead days set to 7 or even 14, we don’t count it as early prior to 7 days. Likewise, if we have a customer with a 7 day ship ahead window but the actual delivery time is less than 2 days, when we ship it 5 days prior to the Dock Date it is not counted as ontime by Cetec when we aren’t late to our customer. Right now we are exporting the data and taking it to Excel where we can use a range to identify if orders are early, ontime, or late. I realize I can use the “Ignore Scheduled/Unscheduled” but then it counts even very early order as ontime (and we break those out as early because we can get dinged on scorecards if we ship too early). Also, the value on the graph doesn’t update to match the chart that displays below.

1 Like

If you click more options in the filters, there should be a checkbox to ignore the orders’ scheduling, and that will generate the report where anything shipped on or before the selected date will be marked as on time.

… I realize I can use the “Ignore Scheduled/Unscheduled” but then it counts even very early order as ontime (and we break those out as early because we can get dinged on scorecards if we ship too early). Also, the value on the graph doesn’t update to match the chart that displays below.

Hi @robinl

I think, because you’re factoring in ShipAhead days into your Ship Target for ontime delivery… that is not information that the OnTime Delivery report is aware of (at least, it wasn’t intended to).

Exporting to Excel and doing a Range is probably the best/fastest thing here.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

Is there anyway for the graph (figures on the graph) to display accurately if you use the Ignore Scheduled/Unscheduled option?