Adding a PM Checklist to an Asset Type for Perform Maintenance

I am looking to add a PM Checklist to assets and see that it can be done to Asset Types. We want to be able to run the Perform Maintenance and have the checklist pop up to be filled out but the technician. It looks like we had some custom checklists created and added to 5 asset types in the part. Is there a way to copy/move that checklist to other asset types?

Ideally, we would be able to add a checklist to an asset so we can create a specific PM Checklist for that type of equipment. Second choice would be to easily add a checklist to and asset type. Third choice would be make a generic PM Checklist and have it linked to any asset. All would have to open when the Perform Maintenance feature is used. Any suggestions - tricks or tips?

Hi Kevin!

Thanks for jumping on the forum; glad to have you here. Unfortunately, we don’t have a way to create custom checklists leveraging the asset type data maintenance table. They are created individually through the ‘Maint Type + Instructions’.

What you could do is leverage the ‘globalize’ feature on the documents tab of the asset.

I hope this helps!

Thanks much! I will give that a try and see if that can do what we need.