AP Payment Closed, Printed Checks Remain Open

I am cleaning up prior history. When I am in the Check Register, I have six checks that were printed and remain open, but the AP Payment is closed. I’m wondering what the best route would be to get these checks off the check register, so they don’t sit hanging there?

https://geminiplasticsinc.cetecerp.com/checkregister/list?form_reload=1&reloaded=1&check_num=&issued_from=&issued_to=&active=1&gl_restriction=&payment_type=&ap_payment_id=&amount=

@sbeausoleil

Thanks for reaching out about this. I will look into this and get back to you.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

@sbeausoleil

If you mark the checks as cleared that will mark the check as status paid. This will remove it from the open report.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Thank you for your help! Our bookkeeper says these checks have never cleared and has concerns about marking them as clear now? Would it affect our current monthly bank reconciliation or anything else in our system? They are old payments from years ago.

@sbeausoleil

This won’t affect your bank reconciliations at all. This is basically just marking your checks as closed and won’t affect any of your payments or reconciles. Reconciling is a completely different thing that isn’t related to the clearing of the checks.

Let me know if you have more questions!

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support