Available Inventory - Expired/Quarantined

Is there a way to not show expired or quarantined product in the “Available Inventory QTY”?

Recros Medica

Hi Clark,

We had the same request. One way to do this is to create a new “Warehouse Location” for the expired or quarantined products. Then when you use the “Build with Subs”, those items (in other warehouse locations) are filtered out and not included in the “avail” qty field…

I am curious if CETEC has another way to accomplish this though…

Thank you!

I think that will work perfect for the time being. Seems like good control too because there will be a record for when its released from Quarantine if we complete a warehouse transfer.

Clark

1 Like

@regisphilbin @clarkyparky - great thread here! Regis I like that idea of creating a separate warehouse, and that it provides some traceability like Clark mentioned.

Regis you also were curious if there were any other options on this. There is a config value you could set called “Use locked bin in allocation”. If the bin is locked and expired it won’t be in allocation (i.e. not in the waterfall), and it also removes from QOH (and therefore Qty Avail). That could work as well.

I’m going to need clarification here. I wanted to see if the 4th post (9/20) is accurate and i’m not sure why it doesn’t work as stated…

I have material that has expired this month. The bin is locked (which is what i’d expect), but even when i change the “Use locked bin in allocation” config setting, it doesn’t remove material QOH or show up in the MRP…I’d assume the QOH would show “0” and that when i run “MRP - Buy”, the part would appear…

just to clarify,

When expired, the part’s waterfall Projected QOH is updated (…/part/111/waterfall)

but the QOH (circled in Red in image above) and here (…/part/111/inventory) doesn’t get updated…

i’m hoping to get clarity on a bug I believe we discovered. it doesn’t seem like changing either one of these “config settings” affect the Qty on hand of product in Inventory when product expires. Can someone confirm this?

Thanks!

I’d like to see if there has been any update to this thread from last year where i don’t believe i got a response…

We’re really looking at getting QOH inventory report only on usable product (based on warehouse location…)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.