BoM Export Timeout from Large BoM

Support,

I’m trying to do a BoM export from Cetec and it takes forever to load (which is to be expected because this is the entire sales portfolio for our company) and then it fails and gives me an unexpected error message. The export never shows up in ‘My Exports’ either. Can you give me some guidance on this?
My settings for this export are as follows:

Part: RF-Sales-Portfolio

BoM Data → Export BoM → Flattened Hierarchy - No Indentation → Expand Sub-Assemblies → Build Qty: 1 → Revision: Dev-01 → Export

@ckrugman We can certainly take a look and see if there’s something that can be done to get that export to work.

Ultimately, given the nature of the “assembly” in question, we may potentially be better off exploring other options that might cause less problems in the system. Can you elaborate on what the intention of having this assembly modeled this way is? What is the use case for you all, and what are you hoping to do with the export?

The idea here is that we want to be able to export all parts associated with our product line in order to (1) root out any obsolete parts from our inventory and (2) be able to verify that components without lead times are updated for more accurate scheduling for system orders. Does that make sense?

We need a faster method than exporting each assembly that is currently built and shipped because that could take days.

Thanks for those additional details.

Let us investigate and see if we have better solutions for you here. I know we have some reports that may solve this problem for you.

@ckrugman

I think that, what might work for you here, is the Historical Part Demand report found at [your Cetec url]/part/demand

This will show you inventory on hand, your last receipt, and use since “X” date. And, like other reports in Cetec, the results can be exported for further customization in your spreadsheet application of choice.

Take a look at that, let us know if this report might fill the need for you.