bug - Failed Inspection no longer automatically creates an NCR

up until CETEC 4.11, anytime we create an inspection report with a failed part, the system would automatically create and link an NCR # to the inspection line. since 4.11, this does not happen any more. ON top of that, if i then click on the “Create NCR” button, it generates a new NCR but does not link it to the production work order…

Inspection report (/otd/order/10207/inspection)
—note no NCR generated…
The Manually created NCR (…/otd/ncr/744/edit)
— note, NCR not tied to production order…

@regisphilbin

Could you give us access to your environment? I’m happy to look into this.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

go ahead.

@regisphilbin

I was able to see that in the past NCRs were automatically created when a part failed. I haven’t been able to replicate the NCR not being linked to the workorder. It works in one of our test environments and it links successfully to the order. Does there seem to be any special cases when this doesn’t work? Does it not link the work order to the NCR every time?

I will escalate the first issue to engineering for now.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

@regisphilbin

It looks like the issue is that it’s redirecting to the new version of the inspections screen and that feature isn’t supported there yet. You may have this config setting on Use New Order Inspections Module. You will want to turn that off so it redirects to the old version of the screen that still has the functionality. It will create an NCR once you’ve turned that off.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support