Build Orders to Stock

Hi,

I’m trying to figure out a way wherein we can receive the extra produced parts in our stock against a particular customer order. For instance, suppose we entered an order as “Build” for 10 pieces however, we end up making 15 pieces and would like to keep the extra 5 produced pieces as stock for future orders. Is there anyway we can do it on our customer orders or it’s only possible on internal orders?

Thanks!

@vaibhav

We don’t have a codified procedure for this in the system. But the basic idea here is that you need to be able to have a transaction in the system that reflects the changes in your inventory. To that end, what you’d want to do is a separate build-to-stock internal order that accounts for the overbuilt inventory.

Let us know if you have any other specific questions about it!

Hi,

I just saw your recent ERP 3.9 release and I think this below point is what I was looking for exactly. Could you please explain the steps to complete this process.

Automatically change custom work order quantities into “build-for-stock” quantities on the fly! Use case: if you are provided an over/under allowance from a customer on their finished good yield (off of a work order), you may opt to ship as much as the customer will allow. For instance, if you have built Qty 100 on a work order, and the customer says: "Sure, i only ordered 70, but you built 100, so go ahead and ship me 90, but i don’t want the remaining 10.” You could partial ship Qty 90 to the customer on the end customer BUILD order. Then, you could use this new feature to convert the external work order into an internal work order, and then build the remainder into finished goods stock. Previously, you would have been required to create a separate internal work order entirely and manually divvy everything up.

@vaibhav

Glad to hear this will be helpful for you!

To utilize this, first ship (partially) the Qty you want to send to the customer. You will have a remaining balance open on a line on the sales order. The transaction code on the line must be Build, obviously.

Then, click Edit on the left side-nav of the order. Scroll down, find in the header where it says “convert to internal order” and click convert.

This will only be possible if all lines open on the order are transaction code BUILD. It will create an internal build-for-stock work order with those same lines.

Hope this helps, good luck!

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the explanation this will definitely help however, there is one issue I have that I can’t see the option to “convert to internal order” on my orders for some reasons. Do we have to change any setting in the admin to make it visible.

@vaibhav

Your instance is not yet on the new release version 3.9. If you scroll to the bottom of your screen, it will still show version 3.8 at the footer.

You could see this in beta (just add word beta to your URL, i.e. “_______.cetecerpbeta.com”

Thanks!

Got it, thanks!