Carrying Sales Order Header Info to Linked Work Order

Take for example Sales Order # 4589, which has a linked Work Order # 4590.

I noticed that when I create a Work Order (‘Create WO’) from the Sales Order, much of the header info. does not get carried over, such as “Order Name”, “P.O. Number”, etc. These are things that we would want to have carried over to linked Work Orders.

To note, since this did not carry over, our Purchasing Manager just manually entered in this info. onto the Work Order as this is a live order in production right now.

Additionally, the “Advanced” section of the line items carried over onto the Work Order from Sales Order are not translated. We have many bonus columns that are used in the Line Item Advanced section which would be beneficial to carry over onto the respective Work Order, as this supports generation of some of our custom documents to satisfy our IPC / QMS standards. Is there any missing link here that I have not considered to make these fields carry over?

Thanks.

Also, certain fields should logically be linked together in our instance, such as line item “Ship Date”, this should be tied to the Work Order “Complete By” date. If these fields are linked, then our purchasing manager would not have to redundantly enter in this info twice. In any situation where he needs to adjust the ship date for individual line items, he can do that himself manually.

Is this possible

@tej

Thanks for reaching out about this. Could you clarify what you mean by complete by date? I will escalate this to product management after I get that clarified to be sure I have the right scope of your request.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support