cetec is running crazy slow for all of our user the past couple days

also vendor searches in pquotes or customer searches in quotes.

@ElectricalAccess

Everything is loading pretty quickly on my end. Any specific examples?

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

The system is extremely slow everyday for everyone here
Loading parts
Invoicing
loading BOMs
just about everything
Is this being worked on still?

@angietesterman

Thanks for reaching out about this. These slow load times were resolved a while ago. I am not seeing anything slow when I look at your environment. Can you give a specific example of a invoice, part, BOM, or anything else you experienced slow load times for?

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

example: cetecerp.com/order/MN1810.1/view
when changing a quanty you change the qty and hit update takes a long time to update. I have asked invoicing not to invoice until you have time to look

@angietesterman

This updated very quickly on my end. Do you update multiple lines at once? Can you tell me roughly how long it takes on your end?

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

for example
click this link and hit invoice ship, I just timed and it took 28.31 seconds
cetecerp.com/order/MN1810.1/view

@angietesterman

Thank you for the example. I am going to escalate this to our engineers and get back to you.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Thank you

@angietesterman

I heard back from engineering and it’s usually .5 to 1 second to load each line. So that load time isn’t that odd for the amount of lines you have. It’s also checking for labor and picked parts so that takes a bit of time to load. Currently this is pretty normal load time. If you find anything else that is abnormally long like minutes long please let us know.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Per shipping dept
Good morning Angie,

When trying to invoice in CeTec, it’s taking a long time to process one line. I timed it for you. below are my results:

42.40 seconds to “pick” one line (line 54) on order 1810.1. When I initially “pick” the line, it doesn’t tie up my time, it’s only when I “update” and “invoice/ship order”. I’m unsure as to why it takes so long. There’s only 4 parts I’m picking. I could understand if it was a huge parts list, but that’s not the case. If you have time, would you please reach out to the provider?

I understand that this is a big order but we are in 1 line picking 4 parts, then hitting the update button on the picking of 4 items and then clicking invoice ship.
Below is the URL link.
this is BIG ISSUE at this rate it would take over 40 min to invoice this 1 order.
If you take this times every invoice we do in a day, that is a lot of time just sitting idle while the computer is just spinning.
Please advise

cetecerp.com/otd/order/6277/pick_parts?only_prcpart=&only_short=

@angietesterman

I spoke with engineering and they said that it can take a while to pick parts even if you are only picking one line because it does still have to process through the whole list. I wasn’t able to replicate the update button taking that long and the invoice ship screen will still take a while since you have a lot of lines. Is it just this pick list? Have you always experienced this time frame or has this been a more recent thing?

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Shipping has been complaining for months.
.I have been complaining for months I do everything in the office, from BOMS to order entry, to bom changes, I just have never took the time to time it out.
Do you see where is is a problem when we have big orders for it to take 40 min for 1 invoice?

Cant there be a resolution for this?

@angietesterman

I am going to escalate this internally and get back to you. I understand this is an issue for you.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

@angietesterman

I checked with engineering again and they aren’t seeing any slow load times for invoicing. You can check your load times for invoice creating by going to cetecerp.com/admin/usage_stats and searching the URL: /order/%/update_invoicing

You can look over the past 2 weeks and all the invoice times have been quite normal. If you are seeing long invoice times of 40 minutes or multiple minutes it doesn’t seem to be the server. I’m not sure what it might be but unfortunately we haven’t been able to reproduce this issue. The server response times look reasonable. We want to help out with this issue but without seeing them on our end there isn’t much we can do.

You can also check this for picking parts with the URL: pick_parts

The load times for that look reasonable as well.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

I cant click into the url and I cant find where to do this in admin

and when you login did you see it took 42.40 seconds to update the picked parts in that order?
Don’t you think 42.40 seconds is unreasonable?

@angietesterman

To get to the usage logs navigate to Admin> Logs> Usage logs. If you want to look at that specific order use this url: /otd/order/6277/pick_parts You can see the load times on there aren’t 42 seconds it seems everything loaded correctly.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support