CETEC not correctly totaling the PO Price & Formatting

Sometimes customers add additional valves to an order after it has been placed.

CETEC correctly updates the Line Item Extended Cost $ to account for the additional valves added.

However, CETEC is not updating the PO Total $ correctly.

See below for an example. The Total should be: $62,999.04.

https://bkvalvesequipmentinc.cetecerp.com/purchaseorder/1266/view

What happened is while creating the order I entered the correct cost of $2,087.99 each, but then before clicking Submit I changed the QTY from 1 to 4.

When you change the QTY before clicking submit, it clears out the Cost Price and reverts back to some other cost, which was $2.00 in this case. (no idea where it pulls this cost from or why it was $2.00 this time).

Once I saw this error, I corrected the Cost price and clicked Submit.

However, the PO total is showing $8.00 and I have to manually edit the PDF before sending it in.

https://bkvalvesequipmentinc.cetecerp.com/purchaseorder/1278/pdf?download=1

All CETEC PO’s and OA’s are printing with bad formatting on the “From” “Bill To” and “Ship To” addresses.

See below for an example, and here is a link to reference: Cetec ERP

Hi, Kris,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry you’re running into issues. I want to help you with this, and need to make sure I’m understanding the situation correctly.

1. On that first link, for PO 1274.1, you said the total should be $62,999.04. When I click through to that link, I see that the Line Subtotal is $62,999.04. Is this incorrect?

1. On the second link you sent, for PO 1286.1, I’m not sure what was happening. I went in and tried to recreate the problem that you were having, but didn’t run into any errors. I created a PQuote for the same part that you did, CBV…1020. The Cost auto-populated as $2,087.99. But, to recreate your process, I went in and manually re-entered that same value. Then, before committing the PQuote to a PO, I updated the quantity from 1 to 4. However, the system correctly multiplied that original Cost value by 4 as expected. When I pulled up the PDF, the correct amounts were there. See below.

B&K Valves Forum Ticket 2

When I went in to create a PDF from that PO, the Bill To and Ship To addresses looked correct. (Bill To showed the vendor address and Ship To showed your company address.)

Would you be willing to try the process again with another PQuote/PO, and let us know if you’re still running into issues? I want to determine what might be causing the errors you’re seeing.

Thanks,
Cetec ERP Support

Thank you for looking into this. Doesn’t appear to be happening any longer. Will keep you posted if we see this issue again. Can you please let us know about the formatting issues we are seeing on the ship to: Vendor: and Bill To? It’s not formatting properly from the entered address’.

Thank you,

Kris

Hi, Kris,

From what I can see, the Ship To info matches what was entered on the PO Edit screen: https://bkvalvesequipmentinc.cetecerp.com/purchaseorder/1266/edit

The Vendor information matches the corporate address on the Vendor page: https://bkvalvesequipmentinc.cetecerp.com/vendor/2/view

I can see that on the Bill To section, the company name and first line of the address are strangely showing up on the same line.

What specifically needs to be changed?

Thanks,
Cetec ERP Support

It would be nice if each line was separate without randomly wrapping the text to the next line. In the PDF preview page everything always lays out perfectly but once made into a PDF it wraps the text and crams the information into a smaller looking “box”. There appears to be plenty of room and not sure why it’s doing this.

Okay, that makes sense. Let me look into that for you. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible with what I find out.

Cetec ERP Support

Hi, Kris,

The solution was simpler than expected. The reason all of those addresses were getting squished and words were moving to the next line is because, when your company address was entered into Cetec, the person entering it did not hit “enter” between the company name and the first line of the address. Because of that, Cetec was trying to fit them both on the same line, and everything else was getting squeezed to make room.

Here’s where to go to fix it: Admin > Config Settings and then search for company_address. If you add a space between the company name and the first line of the address, that should do the trick.

Let us know if you run into any further issues on this, though, and we’re happy to help.

Cetec ERP Support

1 Like