Check Template Customization - changes not being reflected

Hello, we are approaching our official “Go Live” with Cetec and I am working on check printing/AP. Even when I change the custom docs (Check PDF / Batch Check Print), I do not see any changes when I try to re-generate the PDF.

I would like to work on some customization myself but I cannot seem to get the changes to reflect. I noticed the Check Edit module refers to a “edit_check_preview.tt” file; I cannot seem to find that either which is fine, but just wondering what file I need to edit so that the changes reflect when I edit the Check PDF. I presume if I edit the Check PDF tt, the changes would be reflected when Batch Printing as well.

I believe this is a simple question that can be answered so would appreciate your prompt reply so I can get working before the end of the quarter. Thank you.

@cetecerp23

As per my conversation with Cetec support this morning, I was instructed to provide the relevant URLs to the custom docs and the Cetec documentation I was looking at:

Custom Doc: (Check PDF) - Cetec ERP
Cetec Documentation - How To Adjust Basic Formatting On A/P Check Templates
Cetec Forum Post in August 2021, says customizations can be made for checks using the Check PDF custom doc - Check Stubs - #3

@cetecerp23

Thanks Tej,

We will review this and update you ASAP.

Ok, thanks.

I am able to modify the Remittance PDF (Cetec ERP) and those changes are reflected on the remittance PDF.

Additionally I can edit the Check Edit module (which is a neat function); this is where I noticed the [% INCLUDE checkregister/edit_check_preview.tt edit=1 %] line item to preview the check… I see we do not have access to this which makes me think there is another custom doc that directly impacts the check format that we do not have access to? Hope this helps.

Hey Tej,

So I believe the issue here is the config ‘check format’. This overrides the custom template you have, so if you remove the value in that config, I think it should fix your issue.

Everything else looks correct.

Thanks

Cetec ERP Support

That worked. Thank you!