Copy Work instructions

Hi,

We are configuring work instructions. We need to copy work instructions between different revision and parts. Can copy feature be added for Work Instructions?

Best Regards,
Asad

@asad Where are you entering the work instructions? If you’re talking about the labor plan page, we do have some options at the bottom of the page that will allow you to copy the labor plan from another rev, link it to a master labor plan you set up, or from another part.

Hi,

We understand we can copy labor plan from another part, we like to copy work instructions.

For testing, I have entered some work instructions for part: Cetec ERP. I need to copy these to: Cetec ERP.

I am asking this because I need to setup Work instructions in BOM for over 1,000 parts and majority of them are common.

Best Regards,
Asad

Asad -

If you go into the part record under the Revisions link, you should see the option to copy under Inspection Plan (which is a bit misleading).

When you click on copy the system gives you a pop-up window that allows you to select the part record you want to copy from, etc.

Hi Robin,

Thank you for helping us out. We tested it and it works great.

Thanks again.

Asad

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Glad @robinl was able to get you pointed in the right direction!