Create a LEAD

How can I start creating a database for our LEADS? What is Assigned to, Oen/Closed, Lead Program, Prob>=, Outside Sales and Insides sales for?
How can I update those fields.
Thanks
Ivan Candia

Hi Ivan,

To answer your specific questions:

• Assigned to: The user who will be responsible for working the lead
  • Open/Closed: Lets you know if the lead is active or not
  • Lead Program: Your company sales programs and/or product offerings
  • Probability: Likelihood of conversion
  • Inside/Ouside Sales: The sales person who brought the lead. Useful for tracking comissions

For some other information that may be useful as you get started using leads:
Lead Funneling with Fully-Integrated CRM
Documentation - CRM

Hope that information helps! Let us know if you need any further assistance going forward.

Good morning,
What happens to our LEADS is that, I have different people in a same institution who are potential leads.
Do I need to create an individual lead for each person? can I create a lead for an institution and store different names inside that lead? if so, where can I store those names for later access? How do you think is the best way to model that?
Thanks,
Ivan Candia

Sorry for the inconvenience, but how can I add new persons for the “Assigned to” field, please?
How can I add new states to the “State” field, also?
Thanks,
Ivan Candia

There are a couple of different ways you could proceed here:

If they are multiple contacts, but all the same lead, the lead record itself has a field for contacts.

If they are different groups/departments at the same company, then you can either create a unique lead for each one and then either merge those customer records later, or set up parent/child customer records. The reason for this is that when you create a lead it also generates an inactive customer record, and each customer record can only have one associated lead.

Assigned to will just show the user to whom the lead is assigned based on the lead state.
To edit the states, and control which users/roles can be assigned, go to Admin > Maintenance > Workflow Maintenance and click edit next to lead.

Let us know if you have any other questions!
Cetec ERP Support

Even though I have assigned Nicolas Alba as responsible for the qualification and lead state is the qualification for some reason the person assigned to is TECHX.
Please see photos of the settings, What am I doing wrong this time? Please help.
Thanks,
Ivan Candia
IMG_5261.JPG
IMG_5260.JPG

Interesting. Your images didn’t come through for some reason, but regardless I can see on your instance that the lead history has the state set to someone that doesn’t match the person the lead says it’s assigned to.

I’m going to pass this along to our engineers and see if we can figure out why that “assigned to” state doesn’t appear to be updating properly. I’ll let you know when I hear something back from them.

@fernandocandia

Just wanted to let you know that our engineers were able to correct this issue and the fix should be getting deployed to you soon, and will also be included when you’re updated to 3.8 in the next week or so.

Let us know if you run in to any other issues!

Cetec ERP Support