Credit Card Fees paid by Customer

Is there a way to include credit card fees paid by a customer when paying by CC? The original invoice does not reflect the charge and I cannot close the receipt because the amount exceeds the original invoice amount. I tried doing a negative discount, but that did not work.

@DennisG01

Apologies for the delay on this. Are you doing this on a voucher? Could you provide the voucher and receipt you are trying to add the charge to?

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Hi. Here is an example. The customer paid $2,581.37 against an invoice for $2,494.08. The difference was to cover the credit card fees. I am unable to close this receipt. Many instances of this.

Thanks.

@DennisG01

I apologize for the delay in getting an answer here! Do you need to reflect that amount on your end? Or can you just put the difference in write off charges?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

I can put the difference into write off charges but am unable to do anything with this payment, I cannot even cancel it. It will only accept the amount of the invoice.

Thanks.

@DennisG01

Can you send me a link to the payment you are looking at? I want to see why it isn’t closing.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Here is the link.

https://rapidassaulttools.cetecerp.com/arpayment/271/edit

@DennisG01 for what it’s worth, we created a “FIGCC-CHARGES” part and add that to invoices paid by CC.

We have to calculate the resale manually since it is a % of the sale. In adding the surchage as a line item, we can get the invoice and payment to reconcile.

@DennisG01

I apologize as I realized write off charges don’t work for this process. That was misleading on my part. What Greg does above would be the best solution for you to balance the payment.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Greg, thanks for the suggestion. I will try that.