Cycle Count Inconsistent

Hi CETEC,

I am attempting to set up my inventory count process with my warehouse and I have found that I am able to create a cycle count that is filtered by one of my Bonus Columns I have created “Part Category” which is very helpful.
My only issue is that I do not have the option filter the count by my other Bonus Column “Part Type” which I need to do in order to generate the reports that I need my employees using.

How do I get my other Part Record Bonus Column to appear on the cycle count?
Also, why can I not see my Bonus Columns as an available +/- column on the actual count report that I could then sort by? It seems that if you were able to filter the report by that bonus column, I should be able to access it as a column on the report itself.

Hi CETEC,

Could you provide a response please? I could use assistance with this issue

@spencer

Sorry for the delayed response. The part bonus columns have been fixed and the fix will be implemented in the next release.

The bonus columns aren’t currently designed to be filters in the cycle counts but I have passed that on to engineering for future consideration.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Hi CETEC,

Thanks so much for fixing the bonus column filters on the cycle count setup.

I really need the ability to sort and filter by my bonus columns on the actual Cycle Count data entry page. The reason i need this is because I am exporting the generated report to create a single sheet count sheet that needs to be sorted by my SubCategory assignments for ease of counting. This sheet then needs to match the data entry list for ease of entry, otherwise my manager is hunting for the parts he needs to update as the sheet does not match the sorting order of the data entry report in CETEC.

My need:
Filter and Sort by my Bonus Columns in the generated CYCLE COUNT data entry report.

When could this happen by?

Hi CETEC,

2 Weeks since I’ve requested a reply.

Thanks.

Hi CETEC.

I really need this feature in order to perform an inventory count in an efficient manner.

How many engineering hours would this be billed for.

I need this by next week.

@spencer

I sent this over to engineering and they will take a look at it. I’ll let you know ASAP when they get back to me.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

@spencer

I got a quote from engineering. They sent a 4hr capped estimate. It’s likely going to take longer than that, but there are some changes we want to implement to the cycle count in the long term that we will work on in parallel with your request and so we’re going to take the brunt of any time over the 4hr estimate. Would you like them to do this for you?

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Hi CETEC,

Can you let me know what the hourly engineering rate is so I can approve this quote?

Spencer,

The rate is $250 an hour.

Let us know if you want this work done!

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Hi Cetec,

If we choose not to go forward with this because it is cost-prohibitive, would it be included in the next update to the cycle count changes you plan on making?

$1000 for a sorting function seems a little much. I would be willing to wait for it if I know it’s going to be included in those changes your engineering team wants to implement whenever they get to it.

@spencer

We believe these changes will be implemented in the next release. Which would be in a couple months.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Hi Cetec,

You have just released a new update and these changes have not been made.

Needless to say this is frustrating to look at a list of your updated features to see how much effort goes into overhauls of UI and other useless features that provide no additional benefit to the customer.

@spencer

So the way it works with new releases is we have a line up of features. When a customer pays for a feature it gets bumped up to the new release. Those take priority and some things don’t get implemented because of that. It takes time to add new features and this one unfortunately didn’t make it to the queue this time.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support