Default Trans Codes for PRCs & Order Types

Hello,

Is it possible to set default trans codes for PRCs and Order Types (Work Order vs. Sales Order)?

As example we have a PRC “PCB” which is not a top level assembly, it is something we either buy and sell to customer or that goes into a top level assembly. I would want the trans code for PRC “PCB” to be ‘Stock’ by default.

Our top level assemblies which we build to stock (where we upload BOMs) is “PC-”. We use the system’s Sales Order format and then create Work Orders out of the Sales Order as we build to stock (internal order), and then sell from Stock. Is it possible to make it so top level assemblies (PC-) have trans code = ‘Stock’ in the Sales Order, and trans code = ‘Build’ in the Work Orders as we are building to stock (work order) to sell from (sales order)?

Thanks.

Hey Tej,

Currently the only places to set a default trans code is on the part record, under maint+, build defaults.

You can also set this config for a default on new quotes, it sounds like you would want ‘SN’:

Below is my suggestion on how to make an internal build work order from your sales stock order:

You can see my customer sales order is stock, and when I hit that ‘create WO’ button, by default it makes an internal build order for that BOM.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Perfect, that worked thank you.