Does MOQ refer to UOM or "Purchase UOM" ?

I’d like to clarify the following part level screen. Assume parts are screws ordered in box of 100 ea. and unit conversion is properly set up.

I’m assuming it’s UOM but just want to clarify. This is how I understand it but please correct me if i’m wrong.

ROP: Re-order point is related to “Usage” UOM. so “50” in this field means that once i’m down to 50 screws, i’ll have to order another box of 100 pieces.

EOQ: Economic Order Quantity in the units of “Usage” UOM. based on where ordered, each “box” contains 100 screws so 100 would be the EOQ?

Std. Cost: Leave blank here since we use Cost Qty Price Breaks on “/part/524/pricing”

Std. Package: # of parts in UOM based on “Purchase UOM”?

"

1 Like

@regisphilbin I think you’re on the right track here.
The UOM is always how you’re going to define and use the part in the system. All of the other values should be based on UOM.

Purchase UOM only comes in to play when you have a vendor that only sells in one unit, and you need it to be converted to your UOM upon receipt. So in your example, you’d define purchase UOM as 1box, with a conversion that define 1box=100 units/screws.

There’s some useful related information here, that may help increase the understanding of how these things get used within the system: How does Cetec ERP help prevent wasting product?

Let us know if you have any other questions!

So for example, RAW000002 (see image), the way it’s set up means that I’ll order 1 box of 100 pieces. Once I’m down to 40 pieces, it’ll tell me to re-order, in this case, another box (Std, Package).

My confusion is whether MOQ field (100) and purchasing MOQ field (100) units are in “boxes” or “pieces”…I’m assuming pieces.

@regisphilbin

The MOQ refers to the UOM used for stock but the Purchasing MOQ will use the Purchasing UOM.

In this case if you want to always order 1 box, the Purchasing MOQ would be 1 rather than 100.

I hope that helps!