FiFO cost in BoM calculation

Hi! I would like to know if I can change the rule for default cost estimation. I want to have my default cost (that is included to BoM estimation) to be calculated by FIFO method. I have such issue because I have imported the price for my components that I already have on hand. And now after I buy it second time for new price, cost is not changed. I want to be able to check the cost of my BoM every 3 month and see the cost changes.

@Oxna

Thanks for reaching out about this! What company are you from? Or could you send a link to somewhere in your environment?

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Hi! I send you with link) Cetec ERP

@Oxna

Could you clarify what cost you are talking about? If you are wanting to see the cost change you can also look at your invoices overtime. On the details/serials page on an invoice it will show you the cost of materials and what bin it came from. That would work if that is what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

@Oxna

Note also - if you simply clear the fixed price/cost (from the pricing tab on the left side-nav of the part record) … then it won’t always pick up that value, and instead will pick up the most recent build/buy cost. If you set costs in the pricing tab manually, then it treats that as the Override cost, so it overrides fifo and most recent buy.

(You may have to set the “cost_use_last_buy_cost” config turned on for this to happen)

More documentation on the automatic pricing engine can be found here:

Thank you!

Updation. Could you please answer

Hi!! thank you for the answers!
In general, we have one intense to save information about vendor and price for the raw components that have been bought before we started using Cetec. We want this information to be keeped in the system. How we could do this? As we understood if we use the import - the cost going to be saved as Default (Override cost). But in future we want to keep track the BoM cost depend on the time and vendors. How we could do this?
As we see it as:

1. cost could be saved to another place.
    or 2. the default rule (to use the override price could be changed to “cost_use_last_buy_cost”)?

And one more question regarding the import - how could we import vendor article / ''part number"?

@Oxna

On the part record you can set a vendor cost break and within that cost break you can set a date range. The vendor cost break can be found on the part record under costing and cost breaks.

What exactly do you mean by vendor article or part number? Do you mean the vendor cross part?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.