Forecasts not working at all

I’ve been trying to run forecasts. I’ve put in a few, but they aren’t showing up in the MRP. Here is a forecast. I picked an unusual location to isolate the data more clearly (because we have some internal sales orders that are clogging up the system).

When I rerun the MRP to see this production for this location, I get nothing.

@jcox

Looking at your MRP today it looks like your forecast is showing up. Cetec ERP

Did you refresh after you created the forecast? That could have been why it didn’t show up. It seems to be working fine now. You may need to refresh your MRP if you don’t see it.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

I refreshed. And the forecasts still aren’t in there. Versailles has no forecasts and I don’t see basic parts that I know we don’t have enough of (QLFWA-737-LC-2001) on the MRP.

@jcox

I impersonated your user and it looks like your MRP hasn’t been refreshed since the 12th? The allocation is from the 15th but the MRP hasn’t physically been refreshed for your user in a few days. You might want too refresh again. As our user I can see the forecast and I have a few more results than you and I refreshed a day after.

Let me know if you have more questions!

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Okay, I got a result. But it only has 11 items. It only goes down one BOM level. This has been marked as a Recursive BOM.

@jcox

You are correct that doesn’t seem to be pulling correctly. I am escalating this to our engineering team to take a look. I will get back to you ASAP with an update.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

@jcox

Engineering got back to me on this issue. They have a fix for this. It seems the issue was that when changing revisions in the forecast it would collapse the BOM so it would only show the top level parts. This will be fixed in the 4.08 release which you should get by mid next week.

Please let us know if you are still having issues after that.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Still having issues. I tried a forecast and only got the 11 top-level items. Same as before. I refreshed it. Then I went and deleted the old forecasts and rebuilt them and refreshed again - no change. Even when I delete the forecast and add nothing back - then refresh the MRP - I still have the forecasted top-level quantities (even though there are no forecasts).

I seem unable to get more levels or even remove the ones I have. In fact, it seems like I can’t change anything. I am definitely confused.

As a final test, I created a new forecast in a new location (Ezras) and then refreshed the MRP. Nothing came up.

@jcox

Looking in your environment I’m not seeing any forecasts? Cetec ERP

Can you confirm?

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

I got this, which led me to believe a forecast had been added… when I look at the list I also don’t see anything.

I’ll resubmit and retest it… Done. Still have just the 11 items.

@jcox

I’ve escalated this to our engineering team to take a look at again. I will get back to you ASAP with an update.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

@jcox

Engineering has another fix for this. It should be to you in the next 7-10 days. Please let us know if you are still having issues.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Pinging.

@jcox

Are you still having issues? Is it still not working?

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

I assumed I’d have heard something in 7-10 days. I just reran things. The forecast came out better. It seems to have all the items, but the quantities don’t seem right. The forecast calls for 12 items and I see Qtys of 1 in what is described as a Forecast Specific BOM.

In addition, the MRP didn’t change. It still remained with just the one level of depth. I refreshed it a few times just to be sure.

@jcox

I will look into this more and see what the issue is here. I’ll get back to you with an update.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Timeline?

@jcox

I escalated this ticket so they can go more in depth. I’ll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

@jcox

After looking into this more it looks like maybe the issue is allocation. Allocation runs twice a day. In the middle of the day and at night. Allocation gets you the most accurate data because it’s pulling everything. A MRP refresh just pulls the data from the last allocation refresh. So because allocation hasn’t run since you created the forecast it doesn’t have accurate data yet so it’s not pulling everything which is why the data looks wrong. You can turn on a config setting that will run allocation every time but it will slow down the entire system for everyone because it’s part of almost every process in Cetec. That is why we run allocation at scheduled times. This is the config setting.

Once allocation runs with the forecast data you will get accurate numbers.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.