Getting an error when trying to add freight cost to invoices

I need to add freight cost to our invoices and a lot of times it works just fine but on a bunch of them it’s giving me an error. Can you tell me what’s happening?

Hi @kali,

That invoice was marked as paid in full, including the freight charges, in January. If you attempt to change the amount of freight charged to less that what’s already been paid you’ll get that error.

It is important here to note the difference in Freight vs. Freight Cost. The first is what you’re actually charging the customer, the second is your cost. So if you’re wanting to add actual freight costs for accounting, even though the order has already been paid, then you would want to use the freight cost field, which you should be able to change regardless of if the value is higher/lower than the freight that was already charged/paid.

Hope that helps clarify this a little bit! Let us know if you have any other questions about it.

Right, as I said above, I am trying to add the “Freight Cost” and it’s giving me that error. I’m not trying to do anything with the “Freight” field.

@kali Just wanted to let you know that we’re still investigating what might be causing that error for you here. We’ll update you as sonn as we have some more information for you.

Any luck with this? I have a growing stack of them that I can’t adjust.

Sorry for the radio silence. This turned out to be a little more complex than we initially thought, there was a rounding issue happening in the background that was causing a problem with the value when trying to make the update to the freight costs.

We think we’ve gotten it worked out at this point, and are just waiting on testing and validation before it gets pushed out to your environment. We’ll try to update you once we see that it’s there.

Looks like the plan right now is to include the fix for this in the 3.10 release, which should be rolling out in the next couple of weeks.

Is this something that’s holding up anything business critical? Or are you okay to wait until that update, and the confirm that this has been resolved?