HELP - Cannot cancel/clear bad receipt

This receipt has a bad entry and I cannot seem to clear it.

97197 is the corrected receipt costs

@justicebearing

What screen is this screenshot from? I’m trying to see where these entries are.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

https://justicebearing.cetecerp.com/ledger/account_list_new?refresh_account_balance=false&show_credits_debits=false&__reload__=1

@justicebearing

That is a link to the account list which isn’t showing the ledger splits from your screenshot. Those entries seemed to be in different accounts so I was wanting to see the total of that so I could see where the entries were all put together. I want to look into all the entries to see why they can’t be cleared. What was the process you took when you tried to correct this?

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

I am sorry - i tried so many things. Started with the GL on 3/6/2023
https://justicebearing.cetecerp.com/ledger/ledger?reloaded=1&web_grid_page=1&loaded=1&display_date_from=2023-03-06&display_date_to=2023-03-06&name=&from_amount=&to_amount=&entry_id=&with_object=&tag=&amount_abs=1&object_type=&object_id=&reconcile=all&show_more=0

Here are the troubled parts - see “default cost” Cetec ERP
Cetec ERP
Cetec ERP

I think it had something to do with adding in a bad freight cost possibly.

@justicebearing

Thank you for those details! It does look like those 2 parts you linked are the same? I just wanted to be sure it was only one part having this issue and there wasn’t another one. And it’s the value of receipt 35459 that is incorrect. What should the value be. Any other info you can give me would be helpful!

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Actually the whole PO 6202.1(3 parts) are wrong - I feel that there was a bad freight charge input by the purchasing agent, and it amortized the Billion$ (hahah) to all parts.
I have manually adjusted the parts costs.
Part NSK 6900VV - REC# 35459 - cost is actually $1.55 (not $6,161,653.55)
Part NSK 2205 - REC# 35457 - cost is actually $8.90 (not $260.90)
NSK 6000VVCM - REC# 25458 - cost is actually $2.20 (not $-12,345.80) Negative

@justicebearing

I am escalating this to our accounting team to see what best practice would be here to fix this issue. I’ll get back to you ASAP with an update.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

@justicebearing

I heard back from accounting. Here is the best practice for fixing this.

As long as the quantity/receipts are still in inventory, you should:

Mark As Unpaid the AP Payment. This will automatically reopen the Voucher.

Un-attach the PO receipts and clear out everything from the Voucher and Submit.

Cancel the PO receipts and correct the PO costs.

Receive the PO items.

Attach the PO receipts to the Voucher and Submit.

Go back to the AP Payment and pay the Voucher.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

I can unwind to the voucher and re-open the PO, but I cannot cancel the receipts. Option is greyed out.

@justicebearing

In order to cancel the receipt the bin cost and receipt cost have to be the same. So you will need to change the bin cost back to the wrong price so you can cancel the receipt. It won’t matter because that inventory will just be received again with the correct cost but that is the only way it will allow you to cancel the receipt.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Doesn’t seem to work - I am sorry.

got it!

@justicebearing

That’s great to hear! Let us know if you have any more issues.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.