Internal Order

When creating Internal Order 9240.1 there was no Internal PO created. Is there a way to fix this? Or do we need to create a new Order?

When we try to receive a line item we get the attached error.

Jake,

Let me take a look at this and get back to you.

Cetec ERP Support

Jake,

I’m checking in with our engineers to see if there’s a way they can help getting this order to go through. I’ll let you know what I find out.

Cetec ERP Support

Thanks!

The same thing just happened when trying to create Internal Order 9263. See attached screen shot.

Thanks for letting us know. I updated engineering with that information.

Cetec ERP Support

@jake

I am unsure how those 2 orders ended up without an internal PO currently but they should both have one now and you should be able to move forward with those orders.

Thanks

Thanks! I created Orders 9264.1 and 9263.1 today and the same thing happened.

Orders 9263.1 and 9240.1 look fine, but Orders 9264.1 and 9237.1 are still without Internal PO’s

Jake,

I let engineering know about these other two orders. We’ll keep you updated.

Cetec ERP Support

Thanks again. I just tried to create Order 9266 and the same happened. Not being able to create Internal Orders is really slowing our production down. Please let me know what we can do to fix this.

thanks,
Jake

Okay, let me see how we can prevent this going forward. It sounds like an ongoing issue now.

@jake

Based on your second screenshot here I think we found the issue. During the commit to order the process creating was dying background tasks like creating the internal po and closing the quote were not happening as they should. I believe that should now be fixed. Were there any other orders besides 9264.1, 9237.1 and 9266.1 that needed data fixed?

Thanks

Those are the only Orders that need fixed.

@jake

Those orders should now have their internal pos as well. Hopefully that is the last of them for you but if you come across another please let us know.

Thanks!

Awesome. Thanks for the help!