Inventory Reports

Good day,

We have a user that needs to see what our inventory is under parts but not sure which option under user needs to be selected to give her this visibility. Can you please let me know which item needs to be selected so she can see “inventory overview” and other inventory reports.

Thank you,

Kris

Hey Kris!

Answering your question I believe giving that user the Edit Inventory role should allow her visibility to view inventory, but her visibility on those inventory reports might be minimal using that role. The Accounting role gives her access to all inventory reports and any data associated with that (that could be another option if you want).

The Warehouse role also states that you can view inventory within your environment as well if that’s another role you’d want to assign to her.

Let me know if this helps you out and get’s that user the inventory report access that she’s needing!

Thanks,
Cetec ERP Support

Sorry for the late response but work and travel have been intense.

I do not see an EDIT INVENTORY role under users. We would like to keep this information solely on the operation side and not the accounting side. Maybe I missed the EDIT INVENTORY role but can you confirm it is available?

Thank you,

Kris

Kris,

No worries! I know the Warehouse role allows the user the ability to edit inventory per your request. Is that something you’d be willing to give to that user? The warehouse role should keep things on the operation side and not accounting.

If the warehouse role isn’t something that you’re willing to give her we would need to look at other options to see what can be done.

Thanks!

The Warehouse Role does not give access to the Inventory Reports Page. We just need her to see the “inventory value” report. Please advise.

Thank you,

Kris

Hey Kris,

There are a few reports within your environment that give you detailed information on what users have access to what & what roles those users have allowing them that access. At the top of each column on the User Access Navigation Grid report under Admin >> Users >> User Access Navigation Grid there are blue info icons. Hover over those are it’ll tell you which roles the user needs to have access to something in Cetec!

There’s also some documentation on our home page under Support >> Documentation User Roles & Restrictions that gives a detailed breakdown on what user roles have access to what (I used the navigation grid).

Based on what I found each of the users that have access to the Inventory Value report had the role of Manager assigned to them. The manager role does come with a lot of access to other portions of Cetec though as a warning. The accounting role is another user role that can view inventory value reports within Cetec, and the Admin role also has access.

Let me know if you need any further assistance!
Thanks,
Cetec ERP Support

1 Like

Thank you. Is there a help document that we can reference to setup user access?

Kriss…let me know if this is what you need or no…

1 Like