MRP Not Loading Certain Locations

After running the MRP(in Lite mode), the purchaser breaks down by location what needs to be purchased. For all locations, except for one, it loads the items in a reasonable amount of time. However, when he chooses “Elkhart Covers Plant” it usually times out and throws a 504 error. I attempted to duplicate his issue, after running the MRP and then first time filtering the Elkhart Covers Plant, it took about 30 minutes to complete. The completed list had around 50 items on it. Then I chose another location and it loaded in just a few minutes…I went back to Elkhart Covers and it took about 6-7 minutes to load…then I did it a 3rd time and it took about 3-4 minutes. I assume the first run (which either times out or takes a long time) is due to the amount of orders for that location? He did say this issue started at or around Friday 5/20 which could coincide with the update…possibly.

Can you see if there is anything we can do to get this to work the first time in just a few minutes?

Thanks

Hey Andy,

Depending on the demand that’s being calculated for the Elkhart Covers Plant location it could take some time to run that MRP report for that location if there is a high enough demand coming in. The MRP report is running quicker and quicker every time its processed because it doesn’t have as much data to process each time you run the report speeding up the process.

i can try and reproduce the issue of the 504 error when you run it for the first time at that location in a backup, and if I can reproduce it I’ll be able to get that on over to the engineering department to look into.

I’ll reach out as soon as I’ve got an update on this for you!

Thanks,
Cetec ERP Support

Any word on this?

Thanks,

Andy

Hey Andy,

I’ve run the MRP - Buy (Lite) feature within your environment (a backup of it) and I got the first pull through to occur in 22 minutes. There was a total of 50 orders currently awaiting a sort of action which could be contributing to the long processing time the first go through.

• I ran the same MRP - Buy report for the same location a second time and it took approximately 41 seconds, and the third run through processed in 10 seconds (this is where it’s currently sitting at every time I submit that MRP - Buy (Lite) report.

Have you noticed running MRP - Buy in Lite mode still timing out and killing the request with a 504 error when you run it for the Elkhart Covers Plant location? I’ve been trying to reproduce this issue, but was able to pull that MRP - Buy report every time without having that 504 error populate.

If you run into this issue again could you let me know so I can see if I can locate what’s causing that report to time itself out the first go through? It’s a report that’s typically going to populate quicker as you run that more often since the system doesn’t have to pull a massive amount of data through like it does the first request.

Thanks!
Cetec ERP Support

So after the 4.06 update, we ran the MRP again. The Covers Plant took over 45 minutes and was still loading so I assumed it would have timed out eventually. I stopped the page and ran it again and it kept going for over 25 minutes at which point I stopped the page again. I ran a different location(Elkhart Frames) and it loaded in 20 seconds. I loaded Covers again and it loaded the page in a couple minutes, then ran it 1 more time and it took seconds to load.

I guess I am confused as to the whole process. When you choose MRP - Lite and run it, it takes about 10-15 minutes at which point a list of products is displayed(which is not the entire list from each location). These displayed products are what needs to be ordered based on ROP and Need. So when you filter the page to only show products from a certain location, does it run the MRP again to only show products from that location?

Even after the intial MRP screen loads, it takes forever to just go to the next page (today we have 254 products)

I am just trying to understand and see how we can streamline this process for our purchaser.

Also could this issue Opening A Part - #4 by cetecerp23 be contributing to the slowdown? Because this is still a problem too.

Thanks

Hey Andy,

Thank you for the update on this issue you’re having and I’ll get started trying to run MRP - lite in a backup to see if I can replicate those huge load times. MRP in itself is a slow loading screen, and if it’s being run during allocation that could slow down that process extensively. I’m curious as to why it’s only effecting the Elkhart Covers location, but the others are loading at a speed we would expect…

Let me get to testing this and seeing what I can find that might be causing these extremely slow load times when running MRP for that location. I’ll get back to you as soon as I’ve got an update or have found the root cause of this issue.

Thank you for your patience while we’ve tried to get this taken care of for you. I know that’s a huge inconvenience for your purchasing department and will try to get this resolved as soon as we possibly can.

Thanks!
Cetec ERP Support

Hey Andy,

I’ve been running MRP - Lite (buy, build, and all) types in a backup of your environment today, and here’s what I’ve got so far.

1. Ran Tumac’s MRP Life Mode refresh - took approximately 4 minutes and 6 seconds to complete (from the time I hit Refresh until the process had finished).

2. Then turned around and ran MRP - Lite (buy) for Elkhart Covers location only which took approximately 12 minutes and 40 seconds to complete the first time. Every instance of running it after that was significantly quicker which is to be expected.

3. Ran MRP - Lite (build) for Elkhart Covers location only which took approximately 12 seconds to run and complete. Ran this multiple times and that’s about as quick as it processed that build MRP report.

After setting a specific location for Elkhart Covers Plant specifically an alert did pop up on the top right hand of the interface stating that “setting a specific location may return more results than all location - This is because a row is returned for each location discretely”

I’m wondering if this might be the issue for your Elkhart Covers Plant location… is most of your traffic running through that specific location? I recall you stating there was 50 items for the Elkhart Covers Plans location the first time you ran this and noticed that the load times were exceedingly long. I’m currently seeing a total of 78 items on this MRP - Lite report which shouldn’t take that long to load.

Quick question on this process - have you noticed this having the same long time when you refresh it via standard mode and run MRP - Buy for the Elkhart Covers Plant location? I’m wondering if it would have the same level of load on the system processing it via standard instead of lite.

Thanks!
Cetec ERP Support

Yes I agree. Running the MRP itself doesn’t seem to be the issue. Those times are about the same as when we run it and we are OK with those times.

Elkhart Covers Plant definitely has the most traffic and the most orders.

The problem seems to be trying to get some pages to actually load. I ran the MRP -Lite, it took about 10 minutes or so (which is fine) It gave me 243 items. When I clicked on page 2 of that list is where the issue lies. I clicked on page 2 about 45 minutes ago and its still not loading. I think certain items are causing this which is why I referenced the other thread. I tried loading page 5 and that page came up with no problems as well as the first page.

Andy,

This is definitely the information I was looking for, thank you! Okay let me rerun that process and see what’s going on with page 2 of that MRP - Lite report. I’ll get a page timer set for that and see if I can reproduce this issue - there might be a part(s) on that page taking up a ton of processing power which is causing the slowdown.

I’ll start testing this and get back to you with an update on what I find.

Again thanks a ton!
Cetec ERP Support

Awesome thanks for the quick reply! I look forward to hearing what you find!

Have you been able to find a solution to this issue yet? We are still having problems loading certain pages under the Covers location.

Thanks