MRP Not Loading Certain Locations

After running the MRP(in Lite mode), the purchaser breaks down by location what needs to be purchased. For all locations, except for one, it loads the items in a reasonable amount of time. However, when he chooses “Elkhart Covers Plant” it usually times out and throws a 504 error. I attempted to duplicate his issue, after running the MRP and then first time filtering the Elkhart Covers Plant, it took about 30 minutes to complete. The completed list had around 50 items on it. Then I chose another location and it loaded in just a few minutes…I went back to Elkhart Covers and it took about 6-7 minutes to load…then I did it a 3rd time and it took about 3-4 minutes. I assume the first run (which either times out or takes a long time) is due to the amount of orders for that location? He did say this issue started at or around Friday 5/20 which could coincide with the update…possibly.

Can you see if there is anything we can do to get this to work the first time in just a few minutes?

Thanks

Hey Andy,

Depending on the demand that’s being calculated for the Elkhart Covers Plant location it could take some time to run that MRP report for that location if there is a high enough demand coming in. The MRP report is running quicker and quicker every time its processed because it doesn’t have as much data to process each time you run the report speeding up the process.

i can try and reproduce the issue of the 504 error when you run it for the first time at that location in a backup, and if I can reproduce it I’ll be able to get that on over to the engineering department to look into.

I’ll reach out as soon as I’ve got an update on this for you!

Thanks,
Cetec ERP Support

Any word on this?

Thanks,

Andy