MRP Requirements Report Question

Hello,

After running an MRP Requirements report, I am finding items showing a “Sum Req’d Qty” value when there are no open purchase orders associated with it or inventory on hand.

For example, please see the item highlighted in yellow below:

Can you please explain why this is?

Hey Cam,

The Sum Req’d Qty is pulling that qty of 30ft into your MRP because there is currently an open order that’s driving demand for that prcpart BAR10011.

https://imperialtool.cetecerp.com/part/109/orders

It’s an internal order so I believe this might be a build to stock order that’s pulling that demand, but there is an order requiring 30ft of prcpart BAR10011.

Let me know if you have any further questions!
Thanks,
Cetec ERP Support

Thanks for the reply.

I think you are referring to the line item above what I am referring to - you linked BAR10001

For some reason BAR10011 shows a balance of (36) in the “Sum Req’d Qty” field and there are no orders open against it. See here - Cetec ERP

Can you please explain why this is?

Hey Cam,

I apologize for the response I delivered earlier it was indeed for the wrong prcpart BAR10001. I’ll get started looking into BAR10011 to see why that Sum Qty is showing up in MRP. Looking at the MRP report for that specific prcpart though something is definitely odd there… it’s from the year 2019, and doesn’t have any aging signals related to it.

Again I apologize for looking into the wrong prcpart earlier… I’ll get back to you with an update on what I find as soon as I can.

Thanks,
Cetec ERP Support