New parts received are in unlocked bins but pending inspections

Hello,

Our CETEC was set up so that newly received parts would always default to locked bin, in order to prevent inventory showing ready for picking without having gone through incoming inspection. Lately, we’ve been noticing newly received parts are defaulting to an unlocked bin despite still having pending inspections. Has there been any changes recently that could have affected this?

I know there is a box you can check off at the receiving screen to receive the parts into a locked bin, however we had ours configured so that all new parts would default as locked bins automatically.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thank you.

@kroberts ,

Thanks for reaching out. I took a look into your Cetec ERP instance to view some of your config settings in light of this help article https://cetecerp.com/support/documentation/dock-to-stock.html. Currently you have the ‘DTS’ config off and ‘pending’ on, so my expectation is that all parts will lock unless the incoming inspection is done.

Do you have an example part I can look at that is showing unlocked that hasn’t had an incoming inspection I can look at?

Regards,
Cetec ERP Team

Good morning,

I apologize for the delayed response. I received a part in this morning that I Can show as an example.

My screenshots will show you a new part I received in, the receipt and incoming inspection records created, the inspection record showing as pending, and the part record showing as the default to bin unlocked.

Please let me know if you would like any more information or examples.

Thanks,
Kellee

Hello,

This has been escalated to our engineering team, I will let you know when I have an update.

Thanks

Cetec ERP Support

Hello,

Engineering did have a fix for this, if it is not in your environment yet, it should be there in a few days.

Thanks

Cetec ERP Support