Non Inventory Items

Is there a way to mass select at the PO level (or PQuote level) to change all line items to “Non Inventory”? The same way you would change all lines to a certain dock date/requested arrival date.

@msmith

No there isn’t really a way to mass change lines to be non-inventory. Non-inventory is usually for services and charges. What exactly are you hoping to use this for? Do you have a lot of POs with non-inventory items?

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

99% of our POs are non inventory items. We are not a production facility, we are an engineering one so we do not keep much of anything for inventory. I would like to see this for facilities like us. Its a lot of work going through 50+ line items and selcting non inventory.

Also, it is easier for us to put parts in as we go through the PQuote instead of going to the parts feature… that takes too long as we tried this before. I know you can select the part as non inventory through there, but it is more time consuming considering we are not production.

@msmith

The best solution is to set the parts as non-inventory at the part level as there is a check box on the edit screen. I can get a quote from engineering to see if this is something we can add if you would like.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

Yes please, thank you

@msmith

Engineering got back to me and we need to keep non-inventory at the part level and we can’t change that. There is a function on quotes and orders that will let you change the transcode to charge which makes the line non-inventory. This functionality doesn’t exist on POs but that is currently the solution we have. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Cetec ERP Support

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.