Not moving to correct location

Set workorder location in the Pick Parts screen is not going to the correct place. Please look at order# 17037.1-1.
When setting workorder location to Production, after clicking Update, it automatically moves to Shipping. When setting to shipping, it goes to Finished Goods. When setting to Finished Goods, it goes to Final Inspection.
This has just started happening.
When you go to the Workorder view and change it, it shows in the correct place.

Hey Jennifer!

Thanks for reaching out to Cetec support via our forum! Unfortunately I wasn’t able to locate order 17037.1-1 in your environment when trying to search for it. Could you provide me a link to the specific order you’re having issues with so I can try to replicate this issue?

Typically speaking the Set Workorder Location feature that you provided in your screen shot is Cetec ‘advising’ you where this workorder should be set to based on how you’ve set up your labor plan for that order. It sounds like the system is moving that order based on how it’s labor plan has been constructed… but if you’re trying to break that systemic flow and go from production to finished goods (as an example) it should allow that.

If you could reply with a link to that specific workorder I’ll get started testing this issue out and begin coordinating with our team internally as required!

Thanks,
Cetec ERP Support

Hi. A workorder is not created. It is Order # 17037.1 Line 1

Are you able to correct this issue?

Hello, This is the order. Please help. Most of our orders are now not going to the location requested in the Pick parts screen.

Hey Jennifer,

I apologize for the delayed response here - I’m currently pulling a backup so I can test what’s causing this issue for you. I should have an update on that here shortly… as far as the work location not sticking to where you’re directing it, is this happening only when you try to transition the workorder to a new location via the pick parts screen?

Have you tried moving that workorder to a new work location via the main workorder page for the individual lines on the order? As I’m waiting for this backup to finish pulling the more detail the better on where you’re experiencing this issue. If it’s the pick parts screen only I’ll start to test that as soon as this pull is completed and get an update to you as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Hey Jennifer,

I’ve gone through Order 17037.1 Line 1 and tried to move the workorder to a new location via the pick parts screen like you explained above. It wouldn’t transition over to ‘Packing’ which is the work location I was trying to move this order to and checked to see if that was part of the labor plan for that specific prcpart.

I noticed looking at the labor plan there are only 4 steps built out on there, and the final being ‘Finished Goods’ which is where the pickparts screen is stopping at when I try to move that to packing. It’s stopping there because technically there isn’t a ‘Packing’ step designated on the labor plan for that prcpart.

I was able to move the workorder location via the main workorder page. Below is a screen shot of the movement history for that workorder.

Those 4 stages listed above are detailed in the labor plan for this specific part, which the system is using to help ‘guide’ the user to the next stage based on the Labor Plan and how y’all have designed it. I’ve listed out a way to assign the workorder to the specific work location you’re wanting it to be in if it’s not designated in the labor plan below:

The main workorder page shows you the Order Work Location and the workorders Current Location as shown in the picture above. In order to move that WO to a location that isn’t specified in the labor plan click the blue hyperlinked See All option and select the location you want the workorder to show up in.

That’s how I was able to move the work order to a different location. The labor plan and the stages assigned to it are what dictates to Cetec what the next stage ‘should’ be once you pick parts. If you want a packing or shipping stage available on the pick parts screen you just need to add it as a stage in your labor plan for that prcpart.

The work around for this until the labor plan is updated is to use the blue hyperlinked See All option on the main workorder page to move that order to a location that isn’t specified on the labor plan.

Let me know if this works for you and is what you were looking for!

Thanks,
Cetec ERP Support

This still is a major problem. Unless we go in and change work steps on all quoted part numbers, I don’t see a way to change it. If it is giving the option on the pick parts screen to change the location and submit, it should stay at the location selected. Is there any other update on this?

Do we have an update on this? After parts are picked, locations are still automatically changing and we cannot move from the pick parts sheet manually.

We haven’t had an issue with this until the most recent update. When parts are picked and updated, it automatically changes to a location that was not chosen and we have to go to this other screen every time something is done with a job and change it which is very time consuming. Is there a fee to have this turned off? It is mass chaos! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hey Jennifer,

I apologize for the delayed response here this ticket got lost in the shuffle of cases here. I’m currently looking into this for you again and will be doing some testing. Could you provide an order number to look into where you’ve seen this issue occur on the workorder?

I’ve gone through and done some testing here to see if I can pinpoint what’s occurring - I’m using the workorder screen, the See All feature shown in the screenshot below, and looking at the history tab of the workorder after I move work locations:

1. I’m currently looking at the workorder screen for Workorder 16489.1 Line: 3 NOSI: 2

2. Under the Current Location: Twist - Automatic (See All) function I’ve moved the workorder from Packing to Production to Picking and finally to Twist - Automatic stages for the workorder.

3. Below is a screen shot I took of the workorder going through those assigned stages by using the (See All) feature next to the current work location on the work page:

4. I do see an extremely long list of Location Changes on the history tab of the workorder that all state Packing as the location. This looks odd, but I don’t see the Packing step on the labor plan for that specific prcpart:

Currently though I’m able to move the workorder to the location I specify in the (See All) feature that I had explained in a previous comment (there’s screen shots for that post as well!). When looking at this specific workorder history tab here Cetec ERP I see that the workorder has been moved between work locations (many of them say packing), but I see a few steps in there that are defined in the labor plan of that prcpart. Are you moving the workorder via the (See All) feature on the work tab of the workorder or the Move Location feature?

Please let me know as soon as you can so I can continue testing this case out for you.
Thanks,
Cetec ERP Support

Not all steps are included in the Labor plan due to the new steps created after quote was made.
The BIG problem we are having is when parts are picked or checked in, when clicking update, it does not take it to the location chosen. Is there a way to disable the location move from the pick parts screen?

@jennb

Update on this! We were finally able to get to the bottom of it… looks like it was do to a strange/fringe way your labor plan data was setup that the software wasn’t handling/expecting quite right.

Anyways, our fault, and our apologies for this. We have a fix going at as soon as mid/late this week… although, given how close we are to the next release of Cetec ERP (version 4.10), it is possible it may just get included as a patch in our next release (early June 2023).

Thanks for your patience!

My warehouse said that on Friday it was working correctly but again having the same issues.
If you could have this corrected this week, we would greatly appreciate it.

Hello
We are using the Pick Parts screen to move to a different location but it is not changing location in the order. I verified that new location is in the Labor Plan. We have tried different orders and different people

Could you advise?

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.