Ordehead Workflow Assignments

Hi Cetec,

I’m using the Ordhead workflow and I have some concerns about the alerts.

When I change the state of the workflow and the assigned person is the same. They do not receive an update email.
Example:
I have a workflow state “Order Scheduled” assigned to person “Cassandra”
When I change the workflow state to “HOLD ORDER” and the person to “Spencer”, Spencer gets an email.
But if I change the workflow state to “HOLD ORDER” and the same person “Cassandra” is assigned, they do not get an email update or nag alerts.

It seems that for email notifications or nag alerts to work, the assigned person needs to change which is very limiting from a management standpoint.

Can you help?

Hi @spencer,
Let us look in to this a bit for you. I know there are some situations where we don’t send the notifications (like if you assign something to yourself, for instance). But I’m not sure if this is one where that doesn’t happen by design or not.
We’ll update you as soon as we have more information.
Thanks!

@spencer
After some digging, it looks like we don’t send the initial notification email if the user being assigned in the new stage is the same user who was already assigned the object. However, that user should still receive any nag alerts that have been set up for the new stage.

If you have any examples of situations where that doesn’t seem to be working properly, let us know!

I understand not receiving an email alert if I am assigning it to myself, but if I am managing an order and it assigned to one person, and I change the workflow stage with the same person still assigned, they do not receive an email update.

Example:

I have a workflow state “Order Scheduled” assigned to person “Cassandra”

When I change the workflow state to “HOLD ORDER” and the same person “Cassandra” is assigned, they do not get an email update or nag alerts.

I need Cassandra to get an email alert when the status changes from “Order Scheduled” to “Hold Order” so she knows not to send out the order.

Right, I understand what you’re describing. By example, I meant if there were a situation in which the user should be receiving a nag alert (not the initial workflow change notification) and is not.

Since you mentioned an order hold state, you could also put the order on hold and it would put a yellow alert message at the top of the order page, as well as preventing certain actions from being taken with the order. Check out the “PUT AN ORDER ON HOLD” section here: Sales Order Management

If you absolutely must have the notifications work as you describe, that’s likely something we could do some custom development for. Contact sales@cetecerp.com and let them know you’d like an estimate for it, and they can get you squared away there. Feel free to reference this forum topic to help describe what you’re looking for.