Outsource POs

I was just curious as to why I can’t attach an outsource PO line item to a regular PO. We will typically place POs with multiple line items and sometimes these involve a combo of parts that are raw product and sub-assemblies. In this case we would want to tie a sub-assembly built at a supplier to the PO.

Can you clarify what you mean a bit? Or can you elaborate on what the flow of materials is here?

Are the raw components coming from the same vendor that’s building the sub-assembly? Are you sending parts for the vendor to build, and then getting back the sub assembly in addition to purchasing new parts?

Just want to make sure I understand so I can answer your question appropriately. Thanks!

Are the raw components coming from the same vendor that’s building the sub-assembly?
-Sometimes
Are you sending parts for the vendor to build, and then getting back the sub assembly in addition to purchasing new parts?
-Yes, this is the case most of the time.

This is just more of a inconvenience than real actual issue and is a product of us mirroring Quickboooks POs into Cetec.

Thanks,

Clark

@clarkyparky

Thanks for clarifying. Being able to add outsource POs to other, non-outsource, POs is certainly something worth exploring a bit further. I’m going to pass this along to our engineering and see if this is a feature we might consider for a future release. When I hear anything back I’ll let you know here.