Part Request Cancel

Hello,

We have had a few part requests be issued by mistake, and it doesn’t look like I’m able to close them without having to pick parts. I’ve been able to get around the issue by manually updating the pick list. However, am I able to close the part request or cancel it without it picking parts? I have admin access, and I believe this used to be a capability.

Thank you,
Liz

Hi @elizabetha

You should be able to close the Part Request without recording any picks by changing the status at the bottom of the Part Request screen to “close” and clicking update.

• Cetec ERP Support

Hello,

I’ve tried doing that but it still automatically picks the fully requested amount. Could this be a bug fix?

@elizabetha

I was able to go into your environment and test this issue, both as a different user and by impersonating your profile, but was able to close the request in both scenarios.

Would you mind sending me a link to a particular order that is giving you trouble?

• Cetec ERP Support

Thanks for the quick response!

We were having issues with work order 3865.1 lines 1-8. If this is not a bug and we were doing something incorrectly though, please let me know.

@elizabetha

Thank you for sharing this with me! Can you check to see if there’s an inv change type set on the data maintenance table for part request reasons? If there is not one set, this can cause issues.

• Cetec ERP Support

We currently have the below set (inventory change types 2 and 3). What do the change type numbers correspond to?

@elizabetha

This pulls from the InvShortageReason. When I went into your account, I noticed that the InvShortage ID 2 and ID 3 do not exist:

https://prospectlifesciences.cetecerp.com/tablemaint/InvShortageReason/edit

You’ll need to update those IDs first in order for the PartRequestReason to pull the appropriate data. That should solve your problem!

• Cetec ERP Support

Thank you! I’ve updated the codes per the InvShortageReason.

I’ll let you know if I have any follow up questions for it. I appreciate the quick help!

@elizabetha

You’re so welcome! Have a great day!

• Cetec ERP Support