Part Request > Print Bag Label > Printers

Apparently we are unable to print bag labels from Part Requests. When you go to the screen, the list of printers is showing our 2 old Zebra printers from the old OTD system. I’ve checked Data Maintenance and Config Settings and can’t see where this is set up. The way that it operates in Pick Parts works and we can print to our “new” printer.

@robinl Interesting, I would think those two places should behave the same, generating the PDF and then letting the browser handle the actual printing (which is what happens on the pick parts screen).

Let us review this with our engineering team and we’ll update you as we have more info.

Hi @robinl, engineering said that our next release would include a change to the print bag function on the part request screen so that it matches the pick parts screen, and removes the selection of the individual printers. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

I wanted to follow up on this request. I don’t see the print bag labels from the part request screen. Can you guide me to where that is located?

@regisphilbin

First, there’s a config “print_bag_labels” that make a “Get Label” option on both part requests and on the pick parts screen appear.

On the part request screen, you’ll see a print column, but the get label button will only show up after parts have been picked to the request.