Parts changing to BOM

We have two parts (RES405-002 & RAW320-002) that randomly change to BOM’s. I will remove the BOM status and it will return to being a BOM.

Both of these parts need to stay as non BOM parts (resale and raw materials)

Please let me know what we can do to fix this issue.

Hey Jake,

Thanks for reaching out to Cetec support via the forum regarding these issues/questions. I’ll get started looking into why/what is causing these parts to transition from non-bom items into BOM’s within your environment.

A few questions before I get started:

1. When was the first time you noticed this happening with these parts? Is this something that’s been pretty recent?
  2. Are there any other parts within your system that you’ve noticed this same thing happening to? If so could I get those prcparts as well so I can try and pin down what’s causing this to occur?

Thanks!
Cetec ERP Support

1. When was the first time you noticed this happening with these parts? Is this something that’s been pretty recent?
    This started to occur about 12-15 months ago.

2. Are there any other parts within your system that you’ve noticed this same thing happening to? If so could I get those prcparts as well so I can try and pin down what’s causing this to occur?

There are no other parts that I am aware of.

Hey Jake,

Are you still having issues with these two parts randomly changing over to be tagged as a BOM when they shouldn’t be?

• I’ve been trying to dig through usage logs to find if this was posted to your environment by a user and haven’t found anything as of yet.
  • Looking at prcpart RAW320-002 Cetec ERP I see that part doesn’t have a status of being a BOM within the system.
  • But looking at RES405-002 this prcpart is still showing as a BOM and to get that changed back to a resale part you’ll need to flush the QOH out of inventory (once QOH has been dwindled down to 0 you can go into the part profile edit screen and remove that BOM status). Cetec ERP

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to locate the process that changed prcpart RES405-002 over to a BOM as of yet. Have you changed the BOM status of this prcpart back to a non-BOM item and it’s swapped back over by chance?

Thanks,
Cetec ERP Support